S F J Clarke
- Multiple patients with carbon monoxide toxicity from water-pipe smokingSimon F J Clarke
Emergency Department, Frimley Park NHS Foundation Trust, Camberley, Surrey, UK
Prehosp Disaster Med 27:612-4. 2012..This practice has been increasing in the UK in recent years, and emergency physicians need to be aware of the high levels of CO, with the consequent risk of clinical poisoning from water-pipe smoking...
- Duodenal perforation after ibuprofen overdoseSimon F J Clarke
Emergency Department, South Manchester University Hospital, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 42:983-5. 2004
- Naloxone in opioid poisoning: walking the tightropeS F J Clarke
South Manchester University Hospital Trust, Manchester, UK
Emerg Med J 22:612-6. 2005..This article looks at the reasons for this uncertainty and undertakes a literature review from which a treatment algorithm is presented...
- Core-peripheral temperature gradient as a diagnostic test in dyspnoeaS F J Clarke
South Manchester University Hospital, Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M23 9LT, UK
Emerg Med J 22:633-5. 2005..To evaluate whether the core-peripheral temperature gradient could be used to distinguish between cardiac and respiratory causes of dyspnoea...
- Early carbon monoxide intoxication: happy to be poisoned?S F J Clarke
Division of Chemical Hazards and Poisons, Health Protection Agency, London, SE14 5ER, UK
Emerg Med J 22:754-5. 2005..This has not been reported previously and we believe that mild carbon monoxide intoxication should be included in the list of differential diagnoses of inappropriate euphoria...
- Decontamination of multiple casualties who are chemically contaminated: a challenge for acute hospitalsSimon F J Clarke
Emergency Department, Frimley Park NHS Foundation Trust, Portsmouth Road, Frimley, Camberley, Surrey GU16 7UJ, UK
Prehosp Disaster Med 23:175-81. 2008..The risks and potential consequences of this gap in resilience are discussed and a number of possible practical solutions are proposed...
- Emergency department follow-up of bereaved relatives: an audit of one particular serviceR J Parris
Emergency Department, Royal Bolton Hospital, Bolton NHS Trust, Bolton, UK
Emerg Med J 24:339-42. 2007..Although much has been written about the treatment of bereaved relatives in emergency departments, very little has been published about their follow-up after they have left the department...
- Sensory ataxia associated with chronic organophosphate pesticide exposureS Little
Department of Neurology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:689-93. 2010..She was found to have an abnormal cholinesterase phenotype. Mechanisms of possible increased sensitivity to these compounds are discussed which may, in future, allow certain occupational groups to be screened...