Affiliation: City University
- Stakeholders' perceptions of a research capacity development project for nurses, midwives and allied health professionalsLin Perry
Barts and The London NHS Trust and St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, Whitechapel, London, UK
J Nurs Manag 16:315-26. 2008....
- Promoting evidence-based practice in stroke care in AustraliaLin Perry
Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke, St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, City University, London
Nurs Stand 20:35-42. 2006..To explore approaches to the promotion of evidence-based practice from academic and clinical perspectives by visiting acute stroke units and collaborating centres of the Joanna Briggs Institute, an international network of academic centres...
- Exploring nurses perspectives of stroke careLin Perry
Health Care Research Unit, City University, London
Nurs Stand 19:33-8. 2004..Nurses set out a vision for stroke nursing in which current strengths and developments are consolidated and disseminated in a dynamic, multiprofessional, integrated patient-focused service...
- Eating and dietary intake in communication-impaired stroke survivors: a cohort study from acute-stage hospital admission to 6 months post-strokeLin Perry
Health Care Research Unit, City University, 20, Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7QN, UK
Clin Nutr 23:1333-43. 2004..This study reports a group of patients followed through acute hospital admission and at 6 months post-stroke...
- An exploration of nutrition and eating disabilities in relation to quality of life at 6 months post-strokeLin Perry
City University, London, UK
Health Soc Care Community 12:288-97. 2004..The effects of mood and social support are well-recognised, whilst nutrition-related effects have previously received little attention. Intervention in these areas might achieve improvements in survivors' perceived QoL...
- Eating difficulties after strokeLin Perry
Health Care Research Unit, St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, City University, 20 Bartholomew Close, London EC1A 7QN, UK
J Adv Nurs 43:360-9. 2003..One area that has seldom been investigated is the effects of stroke on ability to eat and, particularly, stroke survivors' subjective experiences of eating-related difficulties...
- Nutritional support in acute stroke: the impact of evidence-based guidelinesLin Perry
Kingston University, St George s Hospital Medical School and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, UK
Clin Nutr 22:283-93. 2003..This study aimed to develop, implement and evaluate evidence-based guidelines for nutrition support following acute stroke using a multifaceted change management strategy...
- Implementing evidence-based guidelines for nutrition support in acute strokeLin Perry
Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust and Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, Kingston University St George s Hospital Medical School, Kingston upon Thames, UK
Evid Based Nurs 6:68-71. 2003
- Coping and adaptation at six months after stroke: experiences with eating disabilitiesLin Perry
Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, Kingston University, Sir Frank Lampl Building, Kingston upon Thames, KT2 7LB, Surrey, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 40:185-95. 2003..Reportage demonstrated non-linear and inconsistent effects of impairments within patients' lives and the importance of this topic for survivors and healthcare professionals was clear...
- Screening for symptoms of eating disorders: reliability of the SCOFF screening tool with written compared to oral deliveryLin Perry
Faculty of Health and Social Care Science, St George s Hospital Medical School and Kingston University, London, England
Int J Eat Disord 32:466-72. 2002..The objective was to compare responses to the SCOFF between verbal and written administration...
- Family carers of stroke survivors: needs, knowledge, satisfaction and competence in caringAnn Mackenzie
Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, Kingston University and St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, SW17 ORE UK
Disabil Rehabil 29:111-21. 2007..To examine the support required by family carers for stroke survivors...
- The SCOFF questionnaire and clinical interview for eating disorders in general practice: comparative studyAmy J Luck
Department of Psychiatry, St George s Hospital Medical School, University of London, London SW17 0RE
BMJ 325:755-6. 2002