Affiliation: City University
- Stakeholders' perceptions of a research capacity development project for nurses, midwives and allied health professionalsLin Perry
Barts and The London NHS Trust and St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, Whitechapel, London, UK
J Nurs Manag 16:315-26. 2008....
- Promoting evidence-based practice in stroke care in AustraliaLin Perry
Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke, St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, City University, London
Nurs Stand 20:35-42. 2006..To explore approaches to the promotion of evidence-based practice from academic and clinical perspectives by visiting acute stroke units and collaborating centres of the Joanna Briggs Institute, an international network of academic centres...
- Exploring nurses perspectives of stroke careLin Perry
Health Care Research Unit, City University, London
Nurs Stand 19:33-8. 2004..Nurses set out a vision for stroke nursing in which current strengths and developments are consolidated and disseminated in a dynamic, multiprofessional, integrated patient-focused service...
- Eating and dietary intake in communication-impaired stroke survivors: a cohort study from acute-stage hospital admission to 6 months post-strokeLin Perry
Health Care Research Unit, City University, 20, Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7QN, UK
Clin Nutr 23:1333-43. 2004..This study reports a group of patients followed through acute hospital admission and at 6 months post-stroke...
- An exploration of nutrition and eating disabilities in relation to quality of life at 6 months post-strokeLin Perry
City University, London, UK
Health Soc Care Community 12:288-97. 2004..The effects of mood and social support are well-recognised, whilst nutrition-related effects have previously received little attention. Intervention in these areas might achieve improvements in survivors' perceived QoL...
- Eating difficulties after strokeLin Perry
Health Care Research Unit, St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, City University, 20 Bartholomew Close, London EC1A 7QN, UK
J Adv Nurs 43:360-9. 2003..One area that has seldom been investigated is the effects of stroke on ability to eat and, particularly, stroke survivors' subjective experiences of eating-related difficulties...
- Nutritional support in acute stroke: the impact of evidence-based guidelinesLin Perry
Kingston University, St. George's Hospital Medical School and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, UK
Clin Nutr 22:283-93. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Implementation of evidence-based guidelines for nutritional support following acute stroke using a multifaceted strategy was associated with improvements in documented practice and selected patient outcomes...
- Implementing evidence-based guidelines for nutrition support in acute strokeLin Perry
Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust and Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, Kingston University/St. George's Hospital Medical School, Kingston upon Thames, UK
Evid Based Nurs 6:68-71. 2003
- Coping and adaptation at six months after stroke: experiences with eating disabilitiesLin Perry
Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, St. George's Hospital Medical School, Kingston University, Sir Frank Lampl Building, Kingston upon Thames, KT2 7LB, Surrey, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 40:185-95. 2003..Reportage demonstrated non-linear and inconsistent effects of impairments within patients' lives and the importance of this topic for survivors and healthcare professionals was clear...
- Screening for symptoms of eating disorders: reliability of the SCOFF screening tool with written compared to oral deliveryLin Perry
Faculty of Health and Social Care Science, St George s Hospital Medical School and Kingston University, London, England
Int J Eat Disord 32:466-72. 2002..The objective was to compare responses to the SCOFF between verbal and written administration...
- Family carers of stroke survivors: needs, knowledge, satisfaction and competence in caringAnn Mackenzie
Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, Kingston University and St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, SW17 ORE UK
Disabil Rehabil 29:111-21. 2007..To examine the support required by family carers for stroke survivors...
- The SCOFF questionnaire and clinical interview for eating disorders in general practice: comparative studyAmy J Luck
Department of Psychiatry, St George's Hospital Medical School, University of London, London SW17 0RE
BMJ 325:755-6. 2002