Affiliation: Christie Hospital
- Melanoma with rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiation: two further cases of a rare pathologic pitfallPatrick Shenjere
Department of Histopathology, The Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Int J Surg Pathol 22:512-9. 2014....
- Ultrastructurally confirmed myofibrosarcoma: a series of 10 new cases, with a discussion on diagnostic criteriaPatrick Shenjere
the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Int J Surg Pathol 21:29-36. 2013..However, given the right histological appearance, use of a panel of antibodies that includes α-smooth muscle actin, desmin, and h-caldesmon, serves as an acceptable practical way of diagnosing myofibrosarcoma...
- Intra-abdominal clear-cell sarcoma: a report of 3 cases, including 1 case with unusual morphological features, and review of the literaturePatrick Shenjere
Department of Histopathology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Int J Surg Pathol 20:378-85. 2012..The other 2 cases also involved some diagnostic uncertainty and were therefore referred to specialized centers. The authors wish to emphasize the importance of molecular studies in making a conclusive diagnosis of intra-abdominal CCS...
- Pseudo-Gaucher cells in multiple myelomaPatrick Shenjere
Department of Histopathology, Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
Int J Surg Pathol 16:176-9. 2008..The patient had no clinical evidence of inherited Gaucher's disease. These pseudo-Gaucher cells obscured neoplastic plasma cells causing diagnostic difficulty...
- Primary pulmonary osteosarcoma: a report of 4 cases and a review of the literaturePatrick Shenjere
Department of Histopathology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Int J Surg Pathol 19:225-9. 2011..The clinical presentation is similar to primary (epithelial) lung cancer. Differentiation from pleomorphic carcinomas and other sarcomas is discussed. We know of no predisposing factor(s) in our cases for the development of this tumor...