Affiliation: Christie Hospital
- Chair massage for carers in an acute cancer hospitalPeter Mackereth
Rehabilitation Department, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Eur J Oncol Nurs 9:167-79. 2005..Overall, the service was well evaluated with parents and in particular female carers appearing to gain the most from the intervention...
- Providing therapies to the opposite sex: views of complementary therapists working in clinical and private practice settingsPeter Mackereth
Supportive Care and Smoking Cessation Team, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Didsbury, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 18:154-8. 2012..The study explored the experiences of working with the opposite sex as a therapists in a cancer care centre (CCC)...
- Clinical supervision and complementary therapists: an exploration of the rewards and challenges of cancer carePeter A Mackereth
University of Derby Buxton campus, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 16:143-8. 2010..The study explored the experiences of therapists working in cancer care settings and more specifically, the value of clinical supervision...
- Complementary therapists' motivation to work in cancer/supportive and palliative care: a multi-centre case studyMackereth Peter
The Christie Foundation NHS Trust, Manchester, University of Derby, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 15:161-5. 2009..To uncover complementary therapists' motivation to work in cancer/supportive and palliative care...
- What do people talk about during reflexology? Analysis of worries and concerns expressed during sessions for patients with multiple sclerosisPeter A Mackereth
the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 15:85-90. 2009..In this paper audiotapes from the reflexology sessions have been analysed to give a picture of the nature of interaction between patients and therapists during treatment...
- Reflexology and progressive muscle relaxation training for people with multiple sclerosis: a crossover trialPeter A Mackereth
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, University of Derby Buxton campus, Rehabilitation Unit, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 15:14-21. 2009..To compare the effects of reflexology and progressive muscle relaxation training for people with multiple sclerosis, provided by nurse therapists, on psychological and physical outcomes...
- Chair massage for patients and carers: a pilot service in an outpatient setting of a cancer care hospitalPeter Mackereth
Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Rehabilitation Unit, Wilmslow, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 14:136-42. 2008..To gather patient and carer evaluations of a 20 min chair massage treatment provided one afternoon a week in an outpatient waiting area...
- Return to TRI: Winston Churchill Fellow and Salford University Scholar travel to Miami and the KeysJacqui Stringer
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington M20 4BX, UK
Complement Ther Nurs Midwifery 9:211-4. 2003..Peter also took the opportunity to visit a group of massage therapists working in Key West...
- A minority report: teaching fathers baby massagePeter A Mackereth
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington M20 4BX, Manchester, UK
Complement Ther Nurs Midwifery 9:147-54. 2003..The paper, with its images of a father engaged in baby massage, is intended to add to the current limited amount of literature available on this subject...
- The award winning "Completing the circle" complementary therapy service initiative at Christie NHS Hospital ManchesterPeter Mackereth
Rehabilitation Unit, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Complement Ther Nurs Midwifery 10:127-32. 2004..The paper reports on the various aspects of the project, identifying who leads each part and how it is being developed and evaluated...