- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of donepezil in cognitive impairment in Parkinson's disease
Department of Psychiatry, North Manchester General Hospital, Manchester, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:1-8. 2004
..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of donepezil, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, as a treatment for cognitive impairment and dementia in patients with Parkinson' s disease (PD)...
- A pilot randomized controlled trial of sleep therapy in Parkinson's disease: effect on patients and caregivers
North Manchester General Hospital, Delaunays Rd, Manchester, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 25:1073-9. 2010
..By means of a controlled trial, to investigate the efficacy, tolerability and feasibility of a multi-component sleep therapy intervention versus basic sleep hygiene education in PD patients with sleep disturbances and their live-in carers...
- Non-dopaminergic treatment of cognitive impairment and dementia in Parkinson's disease: a review
Division of Psychiatry, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Neurol Sci 248:104-14. 2006
..To review the clinical management of cognitive impairment and dementia related to Parkinson's disease (PD), with emphasis on pharmacologic intervention strategies such as cholinesterase inhibitors...
- The epidemiology of psychosis in dementia
Neuropsychiatry Service, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:83-91. 2003
..CONCLUSION: The profile of delusions and hallucinations seen is different from that seen in schizophrenia, further supporting the hypothesis that AD-associated psychosis is a distinct phenomenological syndrome...
- Cognitive impairment and psychiatric symptoms in 133 patients with diseases associated with cerebellar degeneration
Christine M Liszewski
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 16:109-12. 2004
..Psychopathology, including depression, personality change, cognitive impairment, anxiety, and psychosis was noted in 51% of 133 patients...
- Amantadine for executive dysfunction syndrome in patients with dementia
Shannon J Drayton
Department of Pharmacy, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Psychosomatics 45:205-9. 2004
..Despite its limitations, this study offers preliminary data to support a controlled trial of amantadine in patients with executive dysfunction syndrome...
- Cognitive impairments in cerebellar degeneration: a comparison with Huntington's disease
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287-7218, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 16:176-84. 2004
..These differences may reflect the involvement of the cerebellar dentate nucleus and the striatal nuclei in separate "loops" or closed circuits, linking them with specific areas of cerebral neocortex...
- A comparison of small and large assisted living facilities for the diagnosis and care of dementia: the Maryland Assisted Living Study
Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust, University of Manchester, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, Mancheter, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:224-32. 2007
..To compare the demographic, clinical, and psychiatric characteristics of residents living in small (< or = 15 beds) and large assisted living (AL) facilities in the United States...