- Periprosthetic bone remodeling after 12 years differs in cemented and uncemented hip arthroplastiesPrakash Chandran
Trauma and Orthopaedics, Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough, West Yorkshire, UK
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:1431-5. 2012..Different patterns of stress shielding may lead to differences in periprosthetic bone preservation around cemented and uncemented hips in the long term?..
- Mid term results of Furlong LOL uncemented hip hemiarthroplasty for fractures of the femoral neckPrakash Chandran
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Scarborough Hospital, United Kingdom
Acta Orthop Belg 72:428-33. 2006..It avoids the need for cement and provides satisfactory incorporation into the host bone. The use of a modular head makes revision to total hip replacement easier...
- Acetabular version and long posterior wall cup in total hip replacementP Chandran
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough, UK
Hip Int 18:11-6. 2008..If the surgeon elects to use LPW it is important to understand the effect of each type of anteversion on eventual position of the raised wall...
- Furlong hydroxyapatite-coated hip prosthesis vs the Charnley cemented hip prosthesisPrakash Chandran
Trauma and Orthopaedics, Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
J Arthroplasty 25:52-7. 2010..031, P = .58) does not show a significant difference between the 2 groups. Overall survival was 93.6% in the Furlong group and 94.8% in the Charnley group...
- Deformities in conservatively treated closed fractures of the shaft of the femur in childrenRavindra Puttaswamaiah
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Acta Orthop Belg 72:147-53. 2006..Frequent monitoring of fracture position may reduce the occurrence of deformity. It may be appropriate to consider reduction and operative stabilisation of such fractures whenever neces-..