G L Nichols
Affiliation: Central Public Health Laboratory
- The microbiological quality of cooked rice from restaurants and take-away premises in the United KingdomG L Nichols
Environmental Surveillance Unit, Public Health Laboratory Service, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, London, UK
J Food Prot 62:877-82. 1999..Although most point-of-sale cooked rice samples (94%) were of an acceptable microbiological quality, evidence from this study indicates that the microbiological quality of cooked rice sold from certain outlets in the UK is of concern...
- The microbiological quality of ice used to cool drinks and ready-to-eat food from retail and catering premises in the United KingdomG Nichols
Environmental Surveillance Unit, Public Health Laboratory, Service Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, London, England
J Food Prot 63:78-82. 2000..Although most ice samples were of acceptable microbiological quality, evidence from this study suggests that the microbiological quality of ice prepared and used at certain premises in the UK is a cause for concern...
- Cryptosporidium meleagridis from humans: molecular analysis and description of affected patientsS Pedraza-Diaz
Food Safety Microbiology Laboratory, Division of Gastrointestinal Infections, PHLS Central Public Health Laboratory, 61 Colindale Avenue, London, NW9 5HT, UK
J Infect 42:243-50. 2001..To genetically characterize an unusual genotype of Cryptosporidium from the stools of humans with diarrhoea and to identify risk factors in the affected patients...
- Nested polymerase chain reaction for amplification of the Cryptosporidium oocyst wall protein geneS Pedraza-Diaz
PHLS Central Public Health Laboratory, London, UK
Emerg Infect Dis 7:49-56. 2001..This series included 706 cases from seven drinking water-associated outbreaks and 51 cases from five swimming pool-associated outbreaks, as well as 1,300 sporadic cases...
- An investigation into the microflora of heroinJ McLauchlin
Central Public Health Laboratory, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, London
J Med Microbiol 51:1001-8. 2002..subtilis alone and in one sample B. pumilus alone. C. botulinum and C. novyi were not isolated from any of the heroin samples. Recommendations for the optimal examination of the microflora of heroin are given...