- Virus vaccines and children with asthmaMark Anderson
Derbyshire Children s Hospital, Derbyshire, UK
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 9:44-9. 2009..To describe what is currently known about the role of virus vaccines in the pathogenesis of asthma and atopy and summarize their role in the prevention of morbidity due to childhood asthma...
- The use of inhaled corticosteroids in the wheezy under 5-year-old childB R Davies
Nottingham University, Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 96:61-6. 2011..This article discusses the important recent advances in the evidence-base and current expert opinions which are helping to delineate improved outcomes for young children with wheeze...
- Education, education, educationWill Carroll
Consultant Paediatrician, Derbyshire Children s Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby, DE22 3NE Electronic address
Paediatr Respir Rev 17:30-1. 2016..The evidence for the value of clinical guidelines and even the publication of research is limited. ..
- Limitations of asthma control questionnaires in the management and follow up of childhood asthmaWill Carroll
Honorary Associate Clinical Professor, University of Nottingham, Derbyshire Children s Hospital, Derby, UK Electronic address
Paediatr Respir Rev 14:229-31. 2013....
- Drug therapy in the management of acute asthmaWill Carroll
Derby Children s Hospital, Derby, UK
Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 92:ep82-6. 2007
- Is there any evidence for influenza vaccination in children with asthma?Will Carroll
Derby Children s Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby DE22 3NE, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:644-5. 2007
- Parent misperception of control in childhood/adolescent asthma: the Room to Breathe surveyW D Carroll
Derbyshire Children s Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby DE22 3NE, UK
Eur Respir J 39:90-6. 2012..Overall, parents underestimate their child's asthma severity and overestimate asthma control. This is a major potential barrier to successful asthma treatment in children...
- Randomized controlled trial of nebulized adrenaline in acute bronchiolitisSuriyanarayanapillai Hariprakash
Department of Paediatrics, North Staffordshire Hospital NHS Trust, Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:134-9. 2003..In this study, nebulized epinephrine did not confer a significant advantage over nebulized saline in the emergency room treatment of acute bronchiolitis...
- Asthma genetics: pitfalls and triumphsWill Carroll
Academic Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Newcastle, Stoke on Trent ST4 6QG, UK
Paediatr Respir Rev 6:68-74. 2005..The multi-factorial nature of the disease and the complex interplay of the various risk factors with one another have highlighted the importance of adequate power and study design in pinpointing genes of real interest...