Affiliation: Cardiff University
- A 'real puzzle': the views of patients with epilepsy about the organisation of careGlyn Elwyn
Primary Care Research Group, Swansea Clinical School, University of Wales, UK
BMC Fam Pract 4:4. 2003..Little is known about how individuals who have a diagnosis of epilepsy have experienced healthcare services or their views about how they should best be organised to meet their ongoing needs...
- Do depression symptoms predict seizure frequency--or vice versa?Ajay Thapar
Department of General Practice, Manchester University, Manchester, UK
J Psychosom Res 59:269-74. 2005..The aim of this study was to test a theoretical explanatory model of the relationship between depression symptom scores and seizure frequency in people with epilepsy...
- Stress, anxiety, depression, and epilepsy: investigating the relationship between psychological factors and seizuresAjay Thapar
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Epilepsy Behav 14:134-40. 2009..The goal of the study described here was to examine the interrelationship between psychological factors (anxiety, stress, and depression) and seizures...
- The Depression Impairment Scale for Parents (DISP): a new scale for the measurement of impairment in depressed parentsKatie Lewis
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Section, Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Cardiff, Wales CF24 4HQ, UK Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:1184-90. 2013..These results demonstrate that the DISP is a valid and reliable measure of depression-associated impairment in parents. ..
- Trajectories of change in self-reported psychotic-like experiences in childhood and adolescenceAjay Thapar
MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Schizophr Res 140:104-9. 2012..A greater understanding of their aetiology and patterns of change over time is needed. We aimed to describe trajectories of PLEs during adolescence, and examine their association with characteristics earlier during development...
- Offspring of parents with recurrent depression: which features of parent depression index risk for offspring psychopathology?Becky Mars
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Section, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, Cardiff University, MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Neuroscience and Mental Health Research Institute, UK
J Affect Disord 136:44-53. 2012....
- Depression screening for patients with epilepsy in a primary care setting using the Patient Health Questionnaire-2 and the Neurological Disorders Depression Inventory for EpilepsyKerrie Margrove
Welsh Centre for Learning Disabilities, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Epilepsy Behav 21:387-90. 2011..More recent and frequent seizures predicted screening positive. The results suggest that screening for depression in patients with epilepsy via GPs improves detection of depression and is acceptable to interviewed patients...