Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- PML-RARα co-operates with Sox4 in acute myeloid leukemia development in miceNader Omidvar
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
Haematologica 98:424-7. 2013..The cooperation between these transcription factors is consistent with the paradigm of multiple routes to the disease and reinforces the concept that transcription factor networks are important therapeutic targets in myeloid leukemias...
- Ral is both necessary and sufficient for the inhibition of myeloid differentiation mediated by RasNader Omidvar
Department of Haematology, School of Medicine, Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 26:3966-75. 2006..Ral, in turn, appears to influence differentiation through multiple effectors. These data show, for the first time, the importance of Ral in regulating differentiation and self-renewal in hematopoietic cells...
- Expression of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored CD59 on target cells enhances human NK cell-mediated cytotoxicityNader Omidvar
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
J Immunol 176:2915-23. 2006..The data show that the increased susceptibility of target cells expressing CD59 to NK cytotoxicity requires GPI anchor-mediating signaling events, likely mediated by interactions between GPI-anchored CD59 on targets and NK receptors...
- Cutting edge: murine CD59a modulates antiviral CD4+ T cell activity in a complement-independent mannerM Paula Longhi
Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Wales, United Kingdom
J Immunol 175:7098-102. 2005..Collectively, these results demonstrate that CD59a down-modulates CD4+ T cell activity in vitro and in vivo, thereby revealing another link between complement regulators and T cell activation...
- Protein kinase C mediates mutant N-Ras-induced developmental abnormalities in normal human erythroid cellsRichard L Darley
Leukaemia Research Fund Differentiation Group, Department of Haematology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Blood 100:4185-92. 2002..This gives rise to phenotypic and functional abnormalities commonly observed in preleukemia, suggesting a direct link between RAS mutations and the pathogenesis of preleukemia...
- Decay-accelerating factor (CD55) is expressed by neurons in response to chronic but not acute autoimmune central nervous system inflammation associated with complement activationJohan van Beek
Brain Inflammation Immunity Group BIIG, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
J Immunol 174:2353-65. 2005..We conclude that increased CD55 expression by neurons may represent a key protective signaling mechanism mobilized by brain cells to withstand complement activation and to survive within an inflammatory site...
- BCL-2 and mutant NRAS interact physically and functionally in a mouse model of progressive myelodysplasiaNader Omidvar
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U718 and 728, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Faculte de Medicine, Institut Universitaire d Hématologie IFR105, Paris, France
Cancer Res 67:11657-67. 2007..The colocalization of BCL-2 and RAS in the bone marrow of MDS/AML patients offers targeting either oncogene as a therapeutic strategy...
- Reactive oxygen species, DNA damage, and error-prone repair: a model for genomic instability with progression in myeloid leukemia?Feyruz V Rassool
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1509, USA
Cancer Res 67:8762-71. 2007..These data suggest treatment strategies that target RAS/RAC pathways and ROS production in human MDS/AML...