Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Astroglial expression of the P-glycoprotein is controlled by intracellular CNTFChristelle Monville
INSERM U421 IM3, Creteil, France
BMC Cell Biol 3:20. 2002..In a search for factors involved in this modulation, P-gp overexpression was studied in long-term in vitro astroglial cultures...
- Validation of the l-dopa-induced dyskinesia in the 6-OHDA model and evaluation of the effects of selective dopamine receptor agonists and antagonistsChristelle Monville
Cardiff University, School of Biosciences, Museum Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3US, UK
Brain Res Bull 68:16-23. 2005..g. using grafts while blocking the unwanted adverse effects of the drugs...
- Comparison of incremental and accelerating protocols of the rotarod test for the assessment of motor deficits in the 6-OHDA modelChristelle Monville
Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3US, UK
J Neurosci Methods 158:219-23. 2006..We report that whereas the incremental protocol is more sensitive to detect the presence of a lesion, the accelerating protocol provides a more discriminative test to correlate motor deficits against lesion size...
- The Corridor Task: a simple test of lateralised response selection sensitive to unilateral dopamine deafferentation and graft-derived dopamine replacement in the striatumEilis Dowd
Brain Repair Group, School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, CF10 3US Wales, UK
Brain Res Bull 68:24-30. 2005..We conclude that the Corridor Task is a sensitive test of lateralised sensorimotor response selection, and is suitable for assessing deficits and recovery associated with lesions and grafts within the nigrostriatal system...
- Lentivector-mediated delivery of GDNF protects complex motor functions relevant to human Parkinsonism in a rat lesion modelEilis Dowd
Brain Repair Group, School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
Eur J Neurosci 22:2587-95. 2005..This study confirms that GDNF can protect against 6-OHDA-induced impairments in complex as well as simple behaviours, and reinforces the use of EIAV-based vectors for the treatment of PD...
- HSV vector-delivery of GDNF in a rat model of PD: partial efficacy obscured by vector toxicityChristelle Monville
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3US, Wales, UK
Brain Res 1024:1-15. 2004..This was found to be due to the way the vector was purified. The issue of toxicity, which might account for the variable functional effects, needs resolving prior to therapeutic application of these vectors...
- Gene therapy in Parkinson's disease: dream or reality?Christelle Monville
Neuroreport 13:743. 2002
- Corticostriatopallidal neuroprotection by adenovirus-mediated ciliary neurotrophic factor gene transfer in a rat model of progressive striatal degenerationVincent Mittoux
Unité de Recherche Associée 2210, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, 91401 Orsay Cedex, France
J Neurosci 22:4478-86. 2002..Overall, adenovirus-mediated CNTF gene transfer appears to be a potentially useful delivery system for widespread, long-term circuit neuroprotection in HD patients...