Genomes and Genes
Tracey Amanda Martin
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Martin T, Jiang W. Claudin-16/paracellin-1, cloning, expression, and its role in tight junction functions in cancer and endothelial cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;762:383-407 pubmed publisher..J Cell Biochem 105:41-52,2008). This suggests that claudin-16 plays a role beyond that of an initial metastasis repressor in this cancer type. ..
- Martin T, Das T, Mansel R, Jiang W. Synergistic regulation of endothelial tight junctions by antioxidant (Se) and polyunsaturated lipid (GLA) via Claudin-5 modulation. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:1308-19 pubmed..Interestingly, this combination was also able to completely reverse the effect of 17beta-estradiol in these cells. ..
- Zhao H, Martin T, Davies E, Ruge F, Yu H, Zhang Y, et al. The Clinical Implications of RSK1-3 in Human Breast Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1267-74 pubmed..RSK1 and 3 but not RSK2 are down-regulated in breast tumour and are associated with disease progression. RSK may be a key component in the progression and metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Martin T, Watkins G, Jiang W. The Coxsackie-adenovirus receptor has elevated expression in human breast cancer. Clin Exp Med. 2005;5:122-8 pubmed..We conclude that CAR expression is elevated in primary breast cancers. This may have a bearing on its use as means of delivery for gene therapy and suggests that further work is necessary to understand this complex molecule. ..
- Martin T, Jiang W. Loss of tight junction barrier function and its role in cancer metastasis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:872-91 pubmed publisher..This article will present data showing how modulation of expression of TJ molecules results in key changes in TJ barrier function leading to the successful metastasis of a number of different cancer types...
- Martin T, Das T, Mansel R, Jiang W. Enhanced tight junction function in human breast cancer cells by antioxidant, selenium and polyunsaturated lipid. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:155-66 pubmed..This combination also completely reversed the effect of 17-beta-estradiol in these cells. ..
- Martin T, Gomez K, Watkins G, Douglas Jones A, Mansel R, Jiang W. Expression of breast cancer specific gene-1 (BCSG-1/gamma-synuclein) is associated with tumour grade but not with clinical outcome of patients with breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:207-12 pubmed..307, P < 0.05), and weakly with transglutaminase-7 (r = 0.183). BCSG-1 is increased in breast tumour cells, is negatively associated with tumour grade and significantly correlates with levels of transglutaminase-3. ..
- Martin T, Mansel R, Jiang W. Antagonistic effect of NK4 on HGF/SF induced changes in the transendothelial resistance (TER) and paracellular permeability of human vascular endothelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2002;192:268-75 pubmed..NK4 was able to prevent the decrease in levels of ZO-1 protein by HGF/SF. ..