Lisa Lee Jones
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Trisomy 14pter --> q21: a case with associated ovarian germ cell tumor and review of the literatureLisa Lee-Jones
Tumour Molecular Genetics Group, Institute of Medical Genetics, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, Wales, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet A 128:78-84. 2004..Previous studies have identified somatic gains of chromosome 14 in ovarian germ cell tumors. We propose that the constitutional gain of chromosomal 14 material may have predisposed to the development of this tumor...
- Sacrococcygeal chordomas in patients with tuberous sclerosis complex show somatic loss of TSC1 or TSC2Lisa Lee-Jones
Tumour Molecular Genetics Group, Institute of Medical Genetics, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 41:80-5. 2004..These data provide the first evidence of a pathogenic role by TSC genes in sacrococcygeal chordomas...
- Increased circulating normal and BCR-ABL+Ve progenitor numbers in Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute myeloid leukaemiaPaul Baines
Haematology Department, University Hospital of Wales, CF14 4XW, Cardiff, UK
Leuk Res 26:997-1005. 2002..The underlying cause, perhaps efflux from a congested marrow, may be common to AML patients with a high blood white cell count...
- Characterization of psu dic(6;5)(p21.3;q13) with reverse chromosome painting in a patient with secondary myelodysplastic syndrome following treatment for multiple myelomaLisa Lee-Jones
Tumour Molecular Genetics Group, Institute of Medical Genetics, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, Wales, UK
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 148:49-54. 2004..The findings were then confirmed by forward painting. The value of flow karyotyping as a diagnostic technique in hematologic malignancies is discussed...
- Tuberin and hamartin are aberrantly expressed and linked to clinical outcome in human breast cancer: the role of promoter methylation of TSC genesWen G Jiang
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, University Department of Surgery, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK
Eur J Cancer 41:1628-36. 2005..However, the TSC genes have not been studied in breast cancer. The current study investigated the expression of the TSC gene products and the potential mechanisms of their aberrancy in human breast cancer cells and tissues...