Nicholas A Kent
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Repressive and non-repressive chromatin at native telomeres in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeEsther R Loney
Institute of Genetics, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Epigenetics Chromatin 2:18. 2009..CONCLUSION: Our data identifies chromatin features that correlate with the silencing state and indicate that an array of phased nucleosomes is not sufficient for full repression...
- Dual chromatin remodeling roles for RSC during DNA double strand break induction and repair at the yeast MAT locusNicholas A Kent
Genetics Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:27693-701. 2007..The RSC complex therefore has chromatin remodeling roles both before and after DSB induction at MAT, promoting both DNA cleavage and subsequent repair...
- Chromatin particle spectrum analysis: a method for comparative chromatin structure analysis using paired-end mode next-generation DNA sequencingNicholas A Kent
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, CF10 3AX, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 39:e26. 2011....
- The Isw2 chromatin-remodeling ATPase cooperates with the Fkh2 transcription factor to repress transcription of the B-type cyclin gene CLB2Julia A Sherriff
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 27:2848-60. 2007..We propose that chromatin-mediated repression by Isw1 and Isw2 may serve to limit activation of CLB2 expression by the Clb2/Cdk1 kinase during G(2)/M and to fully repress expression during G(1)...
- RNA polymerase I in yeast transcribes dynamic nucleosomal rDNAHannah S Jones
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:123-30. 2007..We suggest that Pol I transcription, like that of Pol II, may be modulated by specific chromatin structures...
- Cbf1p is required for chromatin remodeling at promoter-proximal CACGTG motifs in yeastNicholas A Kent
Genetics Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:27116-23. 2004..Cbf1p has been shown to interact with the chromatin-remodeling ATPase Isw1p. Here we show that recruitment of Isw1p by Cbf1p is likely to be general but that Isw1p is only partially required for Cbf1p-dependent chromatin structures...
- A role for chromatin remodeling in transcriptional termination by RNA polymerase IIClaudia Alén
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, OX1 3RE, Oxford, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 10:1441-52. 2002..We suggest that chromatin remodeling of termination regions is a necessary prelude to efficient Pol II termination...