Affiliation: Cardiff University
- 'Sifting the significance from the data' - the impact of high-throughput genomic technologies on human genetics and health careAngus J Clarke
Institute of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales CF14 4XN, UK
Hum Genomics 6:11. 2012....
- The effect of different cardiovascular risk presentation formats on intentions, understanding and emotional affect: a randomised controlled trial using a web-based risk formatter (protocol)Cherry Ann Waldron
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 10:41. 2010..The aim of this study is to compare the effects of presenting cardiovascular risk in different formats on individuals' intention to change behaviour to reduce risk, understanding of risk information and emotional affect...
- Commentary: Activity each day keeps dementia away--does social interaction really preserve cognitive function?J Gallacher
Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, Cardiff University Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Int J Epidemiol 34:872-3. 2005
- Glucoregulation has greater impact on cognitive performance than macro-vascular disease in men with type 2 diabetes: data from the Caerphilly studyJohn E J Gallacher
Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
Eur J Epidemiol 20:761-8. 2005..To compare vascular and glucose related mechanisms of type 2 diabetes on cognitive performance...
- Commentary: Personality and health inequality: inconclusive evidence for an indirect hypothesisJohn Gallacher
Department of Psychology, University of Cardiff, Cardiff CF10 3XQ, UK
Int J Epidemiol 37:602-3. 2008
- Does anxiety affect risk of dementia? Findings from the Caerphilly Prospective StudyJohn Gallacher
Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, Centre for Health Sciences Research, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Psychosom Med 71:659-66. 2009..To examine the association of anxiety with incident dementia and cognitive impairment not dementia (CIND)...
- Vascular disease and cognitive function in older men in the Caerphilly cohortPeter C Elwood
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Age Ageing 31:43-8. 2002..We report the associations between cardiac and peripheral vascular disease and cognitive function for a large representative sample of men in Caerphilly, South Wales, UK...
- Is type A behavior really a trigger for coronary heart disease events?John E J Gallacher
Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Psychosom Med 65:339-46. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare chronic with acute mechanisms by which Type A might predict incident coronary heart disease (CHD)...