- Gene expression profiles during early differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells
Fiona C Mansergh
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
BMC Dev Biol 9:5. 2009
..Here, we have used microarrays to investigate differences in gene expression between 3 undifferentiated ES cell lines, and also between undifferentiated ES cells and Day 1-4 EBs...
- Source and nature of embryonic stem cells
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, PO Box 911, Cardiff CF10 3US, UK
C R Biol 325:1003-7. 2002
..ES cells are probably not homologous to ICM cells, but may better match five-day epiblast...
- Embryonic stem cells: the mouse source--vehicle for mammalian genetics and beyond (Nobel lecture)
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF103US, UK
Chembiochem 9:1690-6. 2008
- Discovering pluripotency: 30 years of mouse embryonic stem cells
Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, CF10 3AT, Wales, CF10 3XQ, UK
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 12:680-6. 2011
..They have not only revolutionized experimental mammalian genetics but, with the advent of equivalent human ES cells, have now opened new vistas for regenerative medicine...
- Embryonic stem cells: a perspective
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, PO Box 911, Cardiff CF10 3US, UK
Novartis Found Symp 265:98-103; discussion 103-6, 122-8. 2005
..Ethical and practical problems for the provision of ad hominem human ES cells remain. Knowledge from the mouse system may aid our understanding of the relationship between ES cells and embryos...
- Ethical sourcing of human embryonic stem cells--rational solutions?
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3US, UK
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6:663-7. 2005
..Advances in the understanding of cellular reprogramming, both by cell nuclear replacement and by potential new protocols, should lead to methods that circumvent the use of a practicably viable embryo...
- [Nobel Prize for genetic modification]
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:3054. 2007
- [Nobel Price for Medicine 2007. Knockout mice are revolutionizing genetics]
Springer Medizin Verlag, Heidelberg
Ophthalmologe 104:1080-2. 2007
- A shared vision
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Dev Cell 13:769-71. 2007
..The history of how ES cells were first discovered and genetically manipulated highlights the importance of collaboration among scientists from different backgrounds with a shared vision...
- [Three scientists awarded with Nobel Prize for gene modification technique]
Lakartidningen 104:2938-9. 2007
- Knock out, knock in, knock down--genetically manipulated mice and the Nobel Prize
John P Manis
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Children s Hospital, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2426-9. 2007
- [Nobel Prize 2007 for Medicine to Mario Capecchi, Martin Evans and Oliver Smithies: the mutant mice to order]
Unité de Génétique Fonctionnelle de la Souris, CNRS URA 2578, Institut Pasteur, 25, rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Med Sci (Paris) 23:1159-61. 2007
- Martin Evans: joint winner of 2007 Nobel Prize in medicine
Lancet 370:2095. 2007