Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Perceptions of the neighbourhood environment and self rated health: a multilevel analysis of the Caerphilly Health and Social Needs StudyWouter Poortinga
Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff University, Bute Building, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff, Wales, CF10 3NB, UK
BMC Public Health 7:285. 2007....
- Protocol of the baseline assessment for the Environments for Healthy Living (EHL) Wales cohort studyRebecca A Hill
School of Medicine, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, UK
BMC Public Health 10:150. 2010..The baseline assessment will focus on birth outcomes and maternal and infant health...
- Pain in veterans of the Gulf War of 1991: a systematic reviewHollie V Thomas
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:74. 2006....
- League tables for orthodontistsFrank Dunstan
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University, UK
Eur J Orthod 30:636-40. 2008....
- Containing antibiotic resistance: decreased antibiotic-resistant coliform urinary tract infections with reduction in antibiotic prescribing by general practicesChris C Butler
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University, Centre for Health Sciences Research, School of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales
Br J Gen Pract 57:785-92. 2007..GPs are urged to prescribe antibiotics less frequently, despite lack of evidence linking reduced antibiotic prescribing with reductions in resistance at a local level...
- Effectiveness of multifaceted educational programme to reduce antibiotic dispensing in primary care: practice based randomised controlled trialChristopher C Butler
Institute of Primary Care and Public Health, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
BMJ 344:d8173. 2012..To evaluate the effectiveness and costs of a multifaceted flexible educational programme aimed at reducing antibiotic dispensing at the practice level in primary care...
- Associations between common mental disorders and the Mental Illness Needs Index in community settings. Multilevel analysisDavid L Fone
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Br J Psychiatry 191:158-63. 2007..The relationship between the Mental Illness Needs Index (MINI) and the common mental disorders is not known...
- Enhancing the quality of antibiotic prescribing in primary care: qualitative evaluation of a blended learning interventionMarie Jet Bekkers
South East Wales Trials Unit, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
BMC Fam Pract 11:34. 2010..Effectiveness was evaluated in a randomised controlled trial in which 244 GPs and Nurse Practitioners and 68 general practices participated. This paper reports part of the process evaluation of that trial...
- Does social cohesion modify the association between area income deprivation and mental health? A multilevel analysisDavid Fone
Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, Centre for Health Sciences Research, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Int J Epidemiol 36:338-45. 2007..We investigated the joint effect of community and individual-level socio-economic deprivation and social cohesion on individual mental health status...
- Measuring the cost, effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness of orthodontic careStephen Richmond
Department of Dental Health and Biological Sciences, Dental School, Cardiff University, Cardiff, CF14 4XY, UK
World J Orthod 6:161-70. 2005..To determine the relative effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of orthodontic treatment per case in one "fee for item" and two different types of salaried orthodontic clinics. SUBJECTS and..
- Stemming the Tide of Antibiotic Resistance (STAR): a protocol for a trial of a complex intervention addressing the 'why' and 'how' of appropriate antibiotic prescribing in general practiceSharon A Simpson
South East Wales Trials Unit, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, 7th floor Neuadd Meirionnydd, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
BMC Fam Pract 10:20. 2009..This paper describes the protocol for a pragmatic, randomized evaluation of a complex intervention aimed at reducing antibiotic prescribing by primary care clinicians...
- Does anxiety affect risk of dementia? Findings from the Caerphilly Prospective StudyJohn Gallacher
Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, Centre for Health Sciences Research, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Psychosom Med 71:659-66. 2009..To examine the association of anxiety with incident dementia and cognitive impairment not dementia (CIND)...
- Prior antibiotics and risk of antibiotic-resistant community-acquired urinary tract infection: a case-control studySharon Hillier
Department of Epidemiology, Centre for Health Sciences Research, Cardiff University, Neuadd Meirionydd, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4YS, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:92-9. 2007..To assess the effect of previous antibiotic use on the risk of a resistant Escherichia coli urinary tract infection (UTI), we undertook a case-control study with prospective measurement of outcomes in 10 general practices in the UK...
- Change in alcohol outlet density and alcohol-related harm to population health (CHALICE)David Fone
Institute of Primary Care and Public Health, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4YS, UK
BMC Public Health 12:428. 2012..In this study we investigate the impact of a change in the density of alcohol outlets on alcohol consumption and alcohol-related harms to health in the community...
- Which is the preferred image modality for paediatricians when assessing photographs of bruises in children?Zoe Lawson
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Neuadd Meirionydd, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Int J Legal Med 125:825-30. 2011..Further studies are required to determine the value of ultraviolet and infrared imaging in the assessment of childhood bruises...
- Places, people and mental health: a multilevel analysis of economic inactivityDavid Fone
Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, Centre for Health Sciences Research, Cardiff University, UK
Soc Sci Med 64:633-45. 2007..This supports the hypothesis that living in a deprived neighbourhood has the most negative health effects on poorer individuals and is further evidence for a substantive effect of the place where you live on mental health...