Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Identification of loci associated with schizophrenia by genome-wide association and follow-upMichael C O'Donovan
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Nat Genet 40:1053-5. 2008..Meta-analysis provided strongest evidence for association around ZNF804A (P = 1.61 x 10(-7)) and this strengthened when the affected phenotype included bipolar disorder (P = 9.96 x 10(-9))...
- Psychosis susceptibility gene ZNF804A and cognitive performance in schizophreniaJames T R Walters
Medical Research Council Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:692-700. 2010..The Zinc Finger Protein 804A gene (ZNF804A) has been implicated in schizophrenia susceptibility by several genome-wide association studies. ZNF804A is brain expressed but of unknown function...
- Bipolar affective puerperal psychosis: genome-wide significant evidence for linkage to chromosome 16Ian Jones
Department of Psychological Medicine, Henry Wellcome Building, Wales School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN UK
Am J Psychiatry 164:1099-104. 2007..The authors conducted a search by systematic whole genome linkage scan for loci influencing vulnerability to bipolar affective puerperal psychosis...
- Genomewide linkage scan in schizoaffective disorder: significant evidence for linkage at 1q42 close to DISC1, and suggestive evidence at 22q11 and 19p13Marian L Hamshere
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Wales
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1081-8. 2005..However, twin data suggest that, in addition to genes with specificity for these phenotypes, there exist genes that simultaneously influence susceptibility to schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and schizoaffective disorder...
- Mood-incongruent psychosis in bipolar disorder: conditional linkage analysis shows genome-wide suggestive linkage at 1q32.3, 7p13 and 20q13.31Marian L Hamshere
Department of Psychological Medicine, The Henry Wellcome Building for Biomedical Research in Wales, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Bipolar Disord 11:610-20. 2009..Findings in recent association studies at two specific genes suggest that the occurrence of mood-incongruent psychotic features may indicate a relatively homogeneous subset of the bipolar phenotype. We examined this hypothesis...