Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Identification of loci associated with schizophrenia by genome-wide association and follow-upMichael C O'Donovan
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Nat Genet 40:1053-5. 2008..Meta-analysis provided strongest evidence for association around ZNF804A (P = 1.61 x 10(-7)) and this strengthened when the affected phenotype included bipolar disorder (P = 9.96 x 10(-9))...
- Bipolar affective puerperal psychosis: genome-wide significant evidence for linkage to chromosome 16Ian Jones
Department of Psychological Medicine, Henry Wellcome Building, Wales School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN UK
Am J Psychiatry 164:1099-104. 2007..The authors conducted a search by systematic whole genome linkage scan for loci influencing vulnerability to bipolar affective puerperal psychosis...
- Psychosis susceptibility gene ZNF804A and cognitive performance in schizophreniaJames T R Walters
Medical Research Council Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:692-700. 2010..The Zinc Finger Protein 804A gene (ZNF804A) has been implicated in schizophrenia susceptibility by several genome-wide association studies. ZNF804A is brain expressed but of unknown function...
- The role of the major histocompatibility complex region in cognition and brain structure: a schizophrenia GWAS follow-upJames T R Walters
Medical Research Council Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Neuroscience and Mental Health Research Institute, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales
Am J Psychiatry 170:877-85. 2013..Follow-up of these results has the potential to provide insights into the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and cognition. ..
- Mood-incongruent psychosis in bipolar disorder: conditional linkage analysis shows genome-wide suggestive linkage at 1q32.3, 7p13 and 20q13.31Marian L Hamshere
Department of Psychological Medicine, The Henry Wellcome Building for Biomedical Research in Wales, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Bipolar Disord 11:610-20. 2009..Findings in recent association studies at two specific genes suggest that the occurrence of mood-incongruent psychotic features may indicate a relatively homogeneous subset of the bipolar phenotype. We examined this hypothesis...
- Genomewide linkage scan in schizoaffective disorder: significant evidence for linkage at 1q42 close to DISC1, and suggestive evidence at 22q11 and 19p13Marian L Hamshere
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Wales
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1081-8. 2005..However, twin data suggest that, in addition to genes with specificity for these phenotypes, there exist genes that simultaneously influence susceptibility to schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and schizoaffective disorder...
- CNV analysis in a large schizophrenia sample implicates deletions at 16p12.1 and SLC1A1 and duplications at 1p36.33 and CGNL1Elliott Rees
MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF24 4HQ, UK
Hum Mol Genet 23:1669-76. 2014..2% excess in cases after excluding known schizophrenia-associated loci, suggesting that additional susceptibility loci exist. However, even larger samples are required for their discovery. ..