Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Ventral striatum activity in response to reward: differences between bipolar I and II disordersXavier Caseras
MRC Center for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences, Cardiff University, UK
Am J Psychiatry 170:533-41. 2013....
- Anatomical and functional overlap within the insula and anterior cingulate cortex during interoception and phobic symptom provocationXavier Caseras
MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, Cardiff University, Wales, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 34:1220-9. 2013..e., drop in heart rate and blood pressure)...
- Dynamics of brain responses to phobic-related stimulation in specific phobia subtypesXavier Caseras
MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Eur J Neurosci 32:1414-22. 2010....
- Temporal stability of obsessive-compulsive symptom dimensions in an undergraduate sample: a prospective 2-year follow-up studyMiquel A Fullana
Autonomous University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Behav Modif 31:815-24. 2007..The results indicate that obsessive-compulsive symptom dimensions tend to be temporally stable in nonclinical participants, replicating similar studies in clinical populations...
- Acquisition and generalization of fear conditioning are not modulated by the BDNF-val66met polymorphism in humansDavid Torrents-Rodas
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Institute of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Psychophysiology 49:713-9. 2012..Taken together with previous data, our study suggests that the BDNF-val66met polymorphism has no effect on the acquisition or generalization of fear...
- No effect of trait anxiety on differential fear conditioning or fear generalizationDavid Torrents-Rodas
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Institute of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Catalonia, Spain
Biol Psychol 92:185-90. 2013..Contrary to our hypotheses, trait anxiety did not have any effect either on the acquisition or the generalization of fear. Our results suggest that these fear conditioning processes are not impaired in individuals at risk from anxiety...
- Influence of individual differences in Behavioral Inhibition System on the magnitude and time course of the fear-potentiated startleMiquel Angel Fullana
Departament de Psiquiatria i de Medicina Legal, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Psychophysiol 60:323-9. 2006..Our data do not support an association between this individual differences variable and the fear-potentiated startle...
- Psychometric properties of the Spanish version of the Obsessive-Compulsive Inventory--revised in a non-clinical sampleMiquel A Fullana
Department of Psychiatry, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Anxiety Disord 19:893-903. 2005..The Spanish version of the OCI-R retains the sound psychometric properties of the original version...
- Probing the working memory system in chronic fatigue syndrome: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study using the n-back taskXavier Caseras
Unitat de Psicologia Mèdica, Institut de Neurociencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychosom Med 68:947-55. 2006..However, objective evidence supporting these claims is inconsistent. The present functional magnetic resonance imaging study examined the neural correlates of working memory in patients with CFS compared with controls...
- High sensitivity to punishment and low impulsivity in obsessive-compulsive patients with hoarding symptomsMiquel Angel Fullana
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Psychiatry Res 129:21-7. 2004..High sensitivity to punishment and low novelty seeking in OCD hoarders might explain their poor compliance and response to conventional treatments, but this question needs to be explored further in a prospective treatment study...