A K Burnett
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Burnett A, Wetzler M, Lowenberg B. Therapeutic advances in acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:487-94 pubmed publisher..Their survival is approximately 4 months, but there is considerable interest in developing new treatments for this patient group, including novel nucleoside analogs and several other agents. ..
- Burnett A, Hills R. Who should be transplanted in first remission of acute myeloid leukaemia?. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2011;12:329-40 pubmed publisher..g. >2 years. The possible exception to this could be core binding factor leukaemias who may have durable survival after relapse with transplant alone. ..
- Hills R, Castaigne S, Appelbaum F, Delaunay J, Petersdorf S, Othus M, et al. Addition of gemtuzumab ozogamicin to induction chemotherapy in adult patients with acute myeloid leukaemia: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from randomised controlled trials. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:986-96 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the use of gemtuzumab ozogamicin should be reassessed and its licence status might need to be reviewed. None. ..
- Burnett A, Hills R, Green C, Jenkinson S, Koo K, Patel Y, et al. The impact on outcome of the addition of all-trans retinoic acid to intensive chemotherapy in younger patients with nonacute promyelocytic acute myeloid leukemia: overall results and results in genotypic subgroups defined by mutations in NPM1, FLT3, . Blood. 2010;115:948-56 pubmed publisher..ATRA has no overall effect on treatment outcomes in this group of patients. The study did not identify any subgroup of patients likely to derive a significant survival benefit from the addition of ATRA to chemotherapy. ..
- Burnett A, Russell N, Kell J, Dennis M, Milligan D, Paolini S, et al. European development of clofarabine as treatment for older patients with acute myeloid leukemia considered unsuitable for intensive chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:2389-95 pubmed publisher..Clofarabine is active and generally well tolerated in this patient group. It is worthy of further evaluation in comparative trials and might be of particular use in patients with adverse cytogenetics. ..
- Burnett A, Russell N, Culligan D, Cavanagh J, Kell J, Wheatley K, et al. The addition of the farnesyl transferase inhibitor, tipifarnib, to low dose cytarabine does not improve outcome for older patients with AML. Br J Haematol. 2012;158:519-22 pubmed publisher..After reviewing the first 45 patients, the Data Monitoring Committee concluded that the overall aspirations would not be met and recommended closure. The addition of tipifarnib had no effect on response, toxicity or survival. ..
- Burnett A, Goldstone A, Hills R, Milligan D, Prentice A, Yin J, et al. Curability of patients with acute myeloid leukemia who did not undergo transplantation in first remission. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:1293-301 pubmed publisher..This evaluation can inform the decision whether to offer a transplant in CR1...