Noel C Wortham
Affiliation: Cancer Research UK
- Dercum's diseaseNoel C Wortham
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London, England
Skinmed 4:157-62; quiz 163-4. 2005..Here, the authors review the literature to date, including some information from their own studies. In particular, the authors will look at the different strands of evidence pointing to the pathological mechanism of the disorder...
- Aberrant expression of apoptosis proteins and ultrastructural aberrations in uterine leiomyomas from patients with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell carcinomaNoel C Wortham
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 86:961-71. 2006..To examine differences between sporadic and familial uterine leiomyomata related to expression of apoptosis-related proteins and tumor ultrastructure...
- The TCA cycle and tumorigenesis: the examples of fumarate hydratase and succinate dehydrogenasePatrick J Pollard
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, UK
Ann Med 35:632-9. 2003..It remains entirely possible, however, that the underlying mechanisms of tumorigenesis in these sporadic tumours are the same as those in the Mendelian syndromes...
- 7q deletion mapping and expression profiling in uterine fibroidsSakari Vanharanta
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, PO Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, Biomedicum Helsinki, FIN 00014, Finland
Oncogene 24:6545-54. 2005..The presence or absence of 7q-deletions did not dramatically affect the global expression pattern of the tumours; changes, however, were observed in genes related to vesicular transport and nucleic acid binding...
- Definition of a minimal region of deletion of chromosome 7 in uterine leiomyomas by tiling-path microarray CGH and mutation analysis of known genes in this regionSakari Vanharanta
Department of Medical Genetics, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:451-8. 2007..We have refined the minimum deleted region at 7q22.3-q31 to 2.79 Mbp and identified a second region of deletion at 7q34. However, we identified no pathogenic coding variation...
- Single base mutation in the fumarate hydratase gene leading to segmental cutaneous leiomyomatosisEva Huter
Acta Derm Venereol 88:63-5. 2008