Affiliation: Cancer Research UK
- A breast cancer prediction model incorporating familial and personal risk factorsJonathan Tyrer
Department of Epidemiology, Mathematics and Statistics, Cancer Research UK
Stat Med 23:1111-30. 2004..This risk was further refined based on the woman's personal history. The model has been incorporated into a computer program that gives a personalised risk estimate...
- Association between common variation in 120 candidate genes and breast cancer riskPaul D P Pharoah
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 3:e42. 2007..Large sample sizes from multicentre collaboration will be needed to identify associated SNPs with certainty...
- Heterogeneity of breast cancer associations with five susceptibility loci by clinical and pathological characteristicsMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Marylan, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000054. 2008..Understanding the etiologic heterogeneity of breast cancer may ultimately result in improvements in prevention, early detection, and treatment...
- Common variants in mismatch repair genes and risk of invasive ovarian cancerHonglin Song
CR UK Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge Strangeways Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
Carcinogenesis 27:2235-42. 2006..The observed association of PMS2 rs7797466 with ovarian cancer warrants confirmation in an independent study...
- The admixture maximum likelihood test: a novel experiment-wise test of association between disease and multiple SNPsJonathan Tyrer
Strangeways Research Laboratory, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Worts Causeway, Cambridge, UK
Genet Epidemiol 30:636-43. 2006..The rank truncated product method also had good power, though somewhat inferior to the maximum likelihood approach in most cases. A simple Bonferroni correction performed best only when the number of associated SNPs was small...
- Tagging single nucleotide polymorphisms in cell cycle control genes and susceptibility to invasive epithelial ovarian cancerSimon A Gayther
Translational Research Laboratories, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 67:3027-35. 2007..This study highlights the need for multicenter collaborations for genetic association studies...