Affiliation: Cancer Research UK
- Systematic reviews of diagnostic tests in cancer: review of methods and reportingSusan Mallett
Centre for Statistics in Medicine, University of Oxford, Wolfson College, Oxford OX2 6UD
BMJ 333:413. 2006..To assess the methods and reporting of systematic reviews of diagnostic tests...
- Reporting methods in studies developing prognostic models in cancer: a reviewSusan Mallett
Centre for Statistics in Medicine, University of Oxford, Linton Rd, Oxford, UK
BMC Med 8:20. 2010..The reliability of models depends on informed use of statistical methods, in combination with prior knowledge of disease. We reviewed published articles to assess reporting and methods used to develop new prognostic models in cancer...
- Human papillomavirus testing by self-sampling: assessment of accuracy in an unsupervised clinical settingAnne Szarewski
Cancer Research UK Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
J Med Screen 14:34-42. 2007..To compare the performance and acceptability of unsupervised self-sampling with clinician sampling for high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) types for the first time in a UK screening setting...
- Developing risk prediction models for type 2 diabetes: a systematic review of methodology and reportingGary S Collins
Centre for Statistics in Medicine, University of Oxford, Wolfson College Annexe, Oxford, OX2 6UD, UK
BMC Med 9:103. 2011....
- Reporting performance of prognostic models in cancer: a reviewSusan Mallett
Centre for Statistics in Medicine, Wolfson College Annexe, University of Oxford, Linton Road, Oxford OX2 6UD, UK
BMC Med 8:21. 2010..We reviewed published articles to assess the methods and reporting used to develop and evaluate performance of prognostic indices and risk groups from prognostic models...
- Predicting risk of osteoporotic and hip fracture in the United Kingdom: prospective independent and external validation of QFractureScoresGary S Collins
Centre for Statistics in Medicine, Wolfson College Annexe, University of Oxford, Oxford OX2 6UD, UK
BMJ 342:d3651. 2011..To evaluate the performance of the QFractureScores for predicting the 10 year risk of osteoporotic and hip fractures in an independent UK cohort of patients from general practice records...
- The typical Cochrane review. How many trials? How many participants?Susan Mallett
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 18:820-3. 2002..To describe the number of trials and participants in a typical systematic review from The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews...
- A population-dynamic model for evaluating the potential spread of drug-resistant influenza virus infections during community-based use of antiviralsNeil M Ferguson
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London, St Mary s Campus, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 51:977-90. 2003..It is also shown that until high levels of therapy are attained, early treatment of symptomatic cases is more efficient (per unit of drug) at preventing infections than prophylactic therapy...
- CT colonography: a systematic review of standard of reporting for studies of computer-aided detectionCharlotte Robinson
Department of Specialist Radiology, University College Hospital and University College London, 235 Euston Rd, Podium Level 2, London NW1 2BU, England
Radiology 246:426-33. 2008..To determine objectively the current standard of reporting for studies of computer-aided detection (CAD) for computed tomographic (CT) colonography by systematically reviewing published articles...