Vincent P Wallace
Affiliation: Cambridge University
- Three-dimensional terahertz pulse imaging of dental tissueDavid Crawley
University of Cambridge, Cavendish Laboratory, Cambridge, United Kingdom and Tera View Limited, Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 8:303-7. 2003..Example images are shown where structures in teeth at depth are rendered accurate to within 10 microm. We discuss issues that arise using this imaging method and propose ways in which it could be used in clinical practice...
- Terahertz pulsed imaging of basal cell carcinoma ex vivo and in vivoV P Wallace
TeraView Ltd, Cambridge, UK
Br J Dermatol 151:424-32. 2004..Terahertz pulsed imaging (TPI) is a noninvasive imaging technique that utilises this radiation...
- Terahertz pulsed spectroscopy of human Basal cell carcinomaVincent P Wallace
TeraView Limited, Platinum Building, St John s Innovation Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK
Appl Spectrosc 60:1127-33. 2006..Knowing the properties of the tissue over the terahertz frequency range will enable the use of mathematical models to improve understanding of the terahertz response of normal and diseased tissue...
- Terahertz pulse imaging of ex vivo basal cell carcinomaRuth M Woodward
TeraView Limited, Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, UK
J Invest Dermatol 120:72-8. 2003..These results demonstrate the ability of terahertz pulse imaging to distinguish basal cell carcinoma from normal tissue, and this macroscopic technique may, in the future, help plan surgery...
- Terahertz pulse imaging: a pilot study of potential applications in dentistryDavid A Crawley
University of Cambridge, Cavendish Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
Caries Res 37:352-9. 2003..These results have important implications for extending TPI to other medical imaging applications where both early diagnosis and safety issues are important...
- Terahertz pulsed imaging and spectroscopy for biomedical and pharmaceutical applicationsVincent P Wallace
TeraView Limited, Cambridge, UK
Faraday Discuss 126:255-63; discussion 303-11. 2004..These polymorphs have the same chemical formula but different crystalline structure that give rise to different physiochemical properties of the material. Using TPS it is possible to rapidly distinguish between the two polymorphic forms...
- A comparison of terahertz pulsed imaging with transmission microradiography for depth measurement of enamel demineralisation in vitroEmma Pickwell
Cavendish Laboratory, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
Caries Res 41:49-55. 2007....
- Terahertz pulse imaging in reflection geometry of human skin cancer and skin tissueRuth M Woodward
Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge, CB3 0HE, UK
Phys Med Biol 47:3853-63. 2002..These results demonstrate the potential of terahertz pulse imaging for the study of skin tissue and its related disorders, both in vitro and in vivo...
- Simulating the response of terahertz radiation to basal cell carcinoma using ex vivo spectroscopy measurementsEmma Pickwell
Cambridge University, Cavendish Laboratory, Semiconductor Physics Group, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0HE, United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 10:064021. 2005..Simulating the interaction of terahertz radiation with normal and cancerous tissue is a key step toward understanding the origin of contrast in terahertz images of skin cancer...
- Terahertz pulsed spectroscopy of freshly excised human breast cancerPhilip C Ashworth
Semiconductor Physics Group, Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, JJ Thompson Ave, Cambridge, CB3 0HE, UK
Opt Express 17:12444-54. 2009..Our results indicate that both TPS and TPI can be used to distinguish between healthy adipose breast tissue, healthy fibrous breast tissue and breast cancer due to the differences in the fundamental optical properties...