Affiliation: Brunel University
- Psychosocial adjustment and physical health of children living with maternal chronic painSubhadra Evans
Department of Health and Social Care, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
J Paediatr Child Health 43:262-70. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the psychosocial adjustment and physical health of children living with a mother experiencing chronic pain...
- Psychosocial functioning of mothers with chronic pain: a comparison to pain-free controlsSubhadra Evans
Department of Psychology, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
Eur J Pain 9:683-90. 2005..The importance of psychological variables in the experience of chronic pain, the potential reduction in parenting efficacy and the risk that these influences hold for children are discussed...
- The relationship between maternal chronic pain and child adjustment: the role of parenting as a mediatorSubhadra Evans
Department of Health and Social Care, Brunel University, Isleworth, United Kingdom
J Pain 7:236-43. 2006..Maternal over-reactive behavior did not, however, differ in chronic pain and control mothers...
- Parents with chronic pain: are children equally affected by fathers as mothers in pain? A pilot studySubhadra Evans
Department of Health and Social Care, Brunel University, Isleworth, UK
J Child Health Care 11:143-57. 2007..Social learning may explain the concordance between parent and child health in families experiencing parental chronic pain...
- Dealing with chronic pain: giving voice to the experiences of mothers with chronic pain and their childrenSubhadra Evans
Pediatric Pain Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
Qual Health Res 18:489-500. 2008..Researchers and clinicians should be aware of the pitfalls facing families dealing with chronic pain, while remaining open to the possibility that some families might flourish...
- Efficacy of acupuncture for health conditions in children: a reviewJean Libonate
Emperor s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, Santa Monica, CA, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 8:670-82. 2008..To further address the safety, effectiveness, and acceptability of acupuncture in children, large-scale randomized controlled trials are needed...