- Beyond labelling: what strategies do nut allergic individuals employ to make food choices? A qualitative study
Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University, Middlesex, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e55293. 2013
..In this paper, we examined the strategies that nut allergic individuals deploy to make safe food choices in addition to a reliance on food labelling...
- What factors affect the carriage of epinephrine auto-injectors by teenagers?
Academic Unit of Clinical and Experimental Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Clin Transl Allergy 2:3. 2012
- Understanding innovators' experiences of barriers and facilitators in implementation and diffusion of healthcare service innovations: a qualitative study
Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University London, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 11:342. 2011
..The purpose of the present study was to explore how healthcare innovators of process-based initiatives perceived and made sense of factors that either facilitated or obstructed the innovation implementation and diffusion...
- Public claims about automatic external defibrillators: an online consumer opinions study
Arthur G Money
Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of Bedfordshire, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3JU, UK
BMC Public Health 11:332. 2011
..This paper explores the claims and argumentation of lay persons and health care practitioners and professionals relating to these, and how these may impact on the acceptance, adoption and use of these devices within the home context...
- The role of the user within the medical device design and development process: medical device manufacturers' perspectives
Arthur G Money
Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of Bedfordshire, Park Square, Luton, UK
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 11:15. 2011
..However, little research has been carried out to explore medical device manufacturers' beliefs and attitudes towards user involvement within this process, or indeed what value they believe can be added by doing so...
- Development of strategies for effective communication of food risks and benefits across Europe: design and conceptual framework of the FoodRisC project
Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, UK
BMC Public Health 11:308. 2011
..The FoodRisC project will examine consumer perceptions and investigate how people acquire and use information in food domains in order to develop targeted strategies for food communication across Europe...
- Using 'may contain' labelling to inform food choice: a qualitative study of nut allergic consumers
Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
BMC Public Health 11:734. 2011
..Neither food safety nor foods labelling legislation address this issue. The aim of this study is to understand how peanut and nut allergic adults interpret 'may contain' labelling and how they use this information when purchasing food...
- Clinical users' perspective on telemonitoring of patients with long term conditions: understood through concepts of Giddens's structuration theory & consequence of modernity
Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University, Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Stud Health Technol Inform 160:545-9. 2010
- Making sense of unfamiliar risks in the countryside: the case of Lyme disease
Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
Health Place 17:843-50. 2011
..The findings suggest that advice about zoonoses such as Lyme disease is unlikely to cause panic, and that it should focus on the least intrusive preventative measures...