Affiliation: Bournemouth University
- "Caring for insiderness": phenomenologically informed insights that can guide practiceLes Todres
School of Health and Social Care, Bournemouth University, Dorset, United Kingdom
Int J Qual Stud Health Well-being 9:21421. 2014..The paper provides direction for practices of caring by highlighting some dangers as well as some remedies along this path. ..
- Lifeworld-led healthcare: revisiting a humanising philosophy that integrates emerging trendsLes Todres
Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University, First Floor, Royal London House, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 3LT, UK
Med Health Care Philos 10:53-63. 2007..In the spirit of Husserl's interest in both commonality and variation, we highlight the central, less contestable foundations of lifeworld-led care, without constraining the possible varieties of confluent practices...
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in Type 1 diabetes: patient experiences of 'living with a machine'L Todres
School of Health and Social Care, Bournemouth University, UK
Diabet Med 27:1201-4. 2010..of this study were to provide in-depth insight into the changes that may be experienced by patients embarking on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and to answer the research question, what is it like to live with an insulin pump?..
- The complementarity of phenomenology, hermeneutics and existentialism as a philosophical perspective for nursing researchL Todres
Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University, Bournemouth House, 17 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth BH1 3LG, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 38:1-8. 2001..The paper shows that the themes of grounding, reflexivity and humanization are particularly important for nursing research...
- The intimate mediator: a carer's experience of Alzheimer'sKathleen Galvin
Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University, Bournemouth, UK
Scand J Caring Sci 19:2-11. 2005..We also hope to highlight the value and power of single-case study in generating useful insights for practice...
- Embodying nursing openheartedness: an existential perspectiveKathleen Theresa Galvin
Center for Qualitative Research, School of Health and Social Care, Bournemouth University, Bournemouth University, UK
J Holist Nurs 27:141-9. 2009....