Anthony D Booth
- Infliximab improves endothelial dysfunction in systemic vasculitis: a model of vascular inflammationA D Booth
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Box 110, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, UK
Circulation 109:1718-23. 2004....
- Outcome of ANCA-associated renal vasculitis: a 5-year retrospective studyAnthony D Booth
Department of Medicine, Addenbrookes s Hospital, Cambs, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 41:776-84. 2003..Renal involvement is frequently present in antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated systemic vasculitis and is an important cause of end-stage renal failure (ESRF)...
- Prospective study of TNFalpha blockade with infliximab in anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated systemic vasculitisAnthony Booth
Department of Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:717-21. 2004..Tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) plays an important role in the pathogenesis of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated systemic vasculitis. TNFalpha blockade is a potential therapy for these disorders...
- Ezetimibe and simvastatin reduce inflammation, disease activity, and aortic stiffness and improve endothelial function in rheumatoid arthritisKaisa M Maki-Petaja
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:852-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of simvastatin and ezetimibe on inflammation, disease activity, endothelial dysfunction, and arterial stiffness in a cohort of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients...
- Isolated systolic hypertension is characterized by increased aortic stiffness and endothelial dysfunctionSharon M L Wallace
Clinical Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Hypertension 50:228-33. 2007..Our results suggest that endothelial function contributes significantly to increased arterial stiffness in patients with isolated systolic hypertension and with age...
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase activity is increased in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and contributes to endothelial dysfunctionKaisa M Maki-Petaja
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 110, Cambridge, UK
Int J Cardiol 129:399-405. 2008..The aim of the study was to establish the contribution of iNOS to endothelial function...
- Immunotherapy for autoimmune and inflammatory renal diseasesAnthony D Booth
Department of Renal Medicine (Box 118, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, UK
Expert Opin Biol Ther 3:487-500. 2003..Larger, randomised comparisons to standard therapy are needed along with assessment of long-term efficacy and safety...
- Rheumatoid arthritis is associated with increased aortic pulse-wave velocity, which is reduced by anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapyKaisa M Maki-Petaja
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 110, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
Circulation 114:1185-92. 2006..In addition, we tested the hypothesis that aortic stiffness could be reduced with anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) therapy...
- Renal vasculitis--an update in 2004Anthony D Booth
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:1964-8. 2004