Genomes and Genes
Emma R Woodward
Affiliation: Birmingham Women's Hospital
- Parity and breast cancer risk among BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersAntonis C Antoniou
CR UK Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Worts Causeway, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB1 8RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res 8:R72. 2006..However, their effects among BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers is still under debate. We used retrospective data on BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers from the UK to assess the effects of parity-related variables on breast cancer risk...
- Penetrance estimates for BRCA1 and BRCA2 based on genetic testing in a Clinical Cancer Genetics service setting: risks of breast/ovarian cancer quoted should reflect the cancer burden in the familyD Gareth Evans
Academic Unit of Medical Genetics and Regional Genetics Service, St Mary s Hospital Manchester M13 0JH, UK
BMC Cancer 8:155. 2008..However, considerable controversy exists regarding the cancer risks in women who test positive for the family mutation...
- Familial non-syndromic clear cell renal cell carcinomaEmma R Woodward
Clinical Genetics Unit, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Metchley Park Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TG, UK
Curr Mol Med 4:843-8. 2004..Large scale collaborative linkage studies may provide a basis for the identification of familial non-syndromic clear cell RCC susceptibility gene(s)...
- Annual surveillance by CA125 and transvaginal ultrasound for ovarian cancer in both high-risk and population risk women is ineffectiveE R Woodward
West Midlands Regional Genetics Service, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
BJOG 114:1500-9. 2007..To assess the efficacy of annual CA125 and transvaginal ultrasound (TVU) scan as surveillance for ovarian cancer...
- UBE2QL1 is disrupted by a constitutional translocation associated with renal tumor predisposition and is a novel candidate renal tumor suppressor geneNaomi C Wake
Centre for Rare Diseases and Personalised Medicine, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Hum Mutat 34:1650-61. 2013..These findings suggest UBE2QL1 as a novel candidate renal tumor suppressor gene. ..
- Germline SDHB mutations and familial renal cell carcinomaChristopher Ricketts
Cancer Research UK Renal Molecular Oncology Group, Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham School of Medicine, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1260-2. 2008....
- Genome-wide CpG island methylation analysis implicates novel genes in the pathogenesis of renal cell carcinomaChristopher J Ricketts
Centre for Rare Diseases and Personalized Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Epigenetics 7:278-90. 2012....
- VHL mutation analysis in patients with isolated central nervous system haemangioblastomaEmma R Woodward
Cancer Research UK Renal Molecular Oncology Group, Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham, Institute of Biomedical Research, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Brain 130:836-42. 2007....
- Germline FH mutations presenting with pheochromocytomaGraeme R Clark
Department of Medical Genetics G R C, E R M, University of Cambridge and National Institute for Health Research, Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom Medical Research Council MRC Cancer Unit M S, E G, C F, University of Cambridge, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Cambridge CB2 0XZ, United Kingdom Centre for Rare Diseases and Personalized Medicine D M W, G K, E R W, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom West Midlands Regional Genetics Service G K, E R W, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham B15 2TG, United Kingdom Division of Genetics and Molecular Medicine M A S, R C T, King s College London School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London WC2R 2LS, United Kingdom Department of Clinical Genetics J N B, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, United Kingdom Department of Clinical Genetics E K, Royal Hospital for Sick Children Yorkhill, Glasgow G3 8SJ, United Kingdom and Department of Medical Genetics P J M, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E2046-50. 2014....
- Genotype-phenotype correlations in von Hippel-Lindau diseaseKai Ren Ong
Department of Clinical Genetics, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Hum Mutat 28:143-9. 2007..These results extend genotype-phenotype-protein structure correlations in VHL disease and provide a baseline for future chemoprevention studies in VHL disease...
- Familial non-VHL clear cell (conventional) renal cell carcinoma: clinical features, segregation analysis, and mutation analysis of FLCNEmma R Woodward
Cancer Research UK Renal Molecular Oncology Group and Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham and West Midlands Regional Genetics Service, Birmingham Women s Hospital, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 14:5925-30. 2008....
- Von Hippel-Lindau disease and endocrine tumour susceptibilityEmma R Woodward
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics and Cancer Research UK Renal Molecular Oncology Group, University of Birmingham, Institute of Biomedical Research, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:415-25. 2006..Recently, it has been suggested that an HIF-independent failure of developmental apoptosis is a common feature of all inherited phaeochromocytoma susceptibility syndromes...