Mahmood F Bhutta
- Fair trade for surgical instrumentsMahmood F Bhutta
Department of ENT, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, London SE1 7EH Mahmood F Bhutta
BMJ 333:297-9. 2006
- Mouse models of otitis media: strengths and limitationsMahmood Fazal Bhutta
Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences University of Oxford, Level 6, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 147:611-4. 2012..These drawbacks of the mouse may in the future limit its usefulness in otitis media research...
- Cervico-thoracic teratoma masquerading as lymphatic malformationM F Bhutta
Department of Paediatric ENT, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
J Laryngol Otol 120:955-8. 2006..The potential consequences are discussed...
- Sex and the nose: human pheromonal responsesMahmood F Bhutta
Department of ENT, Kettering General Hospital, Rothwell Road, Kettering, Northants NN16 8UZ, UK
J R Soc Med 100:268-74. 2007..However, increasing evidence from research in other animals suggests that olfaction may serve another and more important purpose, that of mate selection in sexual reproduction; indeed, olfaction may be an essential impetus for evolution...
- Sneezing induced by sexual ideation or orgasm: an under-reported phenomenonMahmood F Bhutta
Wexham Park Hospital, Wexham Street, Wexham, Slough, Berkshire, UK
J R Soc Med 101:587-91. 2008..We surmise that an indiscrete stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system may be an underlying mechanism to explain this and other reported unusual triggers of sneezing...
- Parotid pleomorphic adenoma with solitary renal metastasisMahmood F Bhutta
Kettering General Hospital, Kettering, Northants, United Kingdom
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 48:61-3. 2010..Metastasising pleomorphic adenoma shows malignant clinical behaviour, and although it appears histologically benign, there may be unknown molecular features that determine its unusual ability to spread...
- Nasal polyps do not contain olfactory structuresM F Bhutta
Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Rhinology 49:185-9. 2011..However, removal of polyps medial to the middle turbinate is controversial: some believe this will relieve physical obstruction to odourants, others state that removal here risks excising olfactory neuroepithelium...
- Quality of surgical instrumentsMahmood F Bhutta
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:190; author reply 190. 2007