Ralf Peter Behrendt
- Hallucinations: synchronisation of thalamocortical gamma oscillations underconstrained by sensory inputR P Behrendt
MRCPsych, Longley Centre, Norwood Grange Drive, Sheffield S5 7JT, UK
Conscious Cogn 12:413-51. 2003..If during arousal thalamocortical self-organisation is underconstrained by sensory input, then attentional mechanisms alone may determine the content of perception and hallucinations may arise...
- A neuroanatomical model of passivity phenomenaRalf Peter Behrendt
Department of Psychological Medicine for the Elderly, Barwise, Walton Hospital, Whitecotes Lane, Chesterfield S40 3TH, UK
Conscious Cogn 13:579-609. 2004....
- Hallucinations in schizophrenia, sensory impairment, and brain disease: a unifying modelRalf Peter Behrendt
Department of Old Age Psychiatry, The Longley Centre, Sheffield S5 7JT, United Kingdom
Behav Brain Sci 27:771-87; discussion 787-830. 2004....
- Hippocampus and consciousnessRalf Peter Behrendt
Princess Elizabeth Hospiyal, St Martin, Guernsey, UK
Rev Neurosci 24:239-66. 2013..Evidence suggestive of an important contribution of the hippocampus to conscious observation, mental imagery, dreaming, conscious anticipation of outcomes, and hallucinations will be reviewed...
- Dysregulation of thalamic sensory "transmission" in schizophrenia: neurochemical vulnerability to hallucinationsRalf Peter Behrendt
The Retreat Hospital, Heslington Road, York, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:356-72. 2006..Nicotinic receptor abnormalities, dopaminergic hyperactivity and glutamate-receptor hypofunction are reconciled within a model of psychotic symptom generation that places crucial emphasis on dysfunction of the reticular thalamic nucleus...
- Vocalisation in verbal hallucinations: case report and theoretical modelRalf Peter Behrendt
Department of Psychological Medicine for the Elderly, Barwise, Walton Hospital, Chesterfield, UK
Psychopathology 39:38-44. 2006..Thus subvocal speech may play a role in the elaboration and maintenance of verbal hallucinations...
- Contribution of hippocampal region CA3 to consciousness and schizophrenic hallucinationsRalf Peter Behrendt
The Retreat Hospital, York, UK
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 34:1121-36. 2010....