Affiliation: Bath Spa University
- A multi-dimensional model of clinical utilityAndrew Smart
Bath Spa University, Sociology, Bath, UK
Int J Qual Health Care 18:377-82. 2006..I go on to develop a multi-dimensional model that outlines four factors in practitioners' judgements about clinical utility: appropriateness, accessibility, practicability, and acceptability...
- The promise of pharmacogenetics: assessing the prospects for disease and patient stratificationAndrew Smart
Department of Sociology, Bath Spa University, Newton Park Campus, Newton St Loe, Bath BA2 9BN, UK
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 37:583-601. 2006..However, we conclude by suggesting that a question mark hangs over their ability to provide the necessary economic and structural resources to bring such a vision to fruition...
- The standardization of race and ethnicity in biomedical science editorials and UK biobanksAndrew Smart
Department of Sociology, Bath Spa University, UK
Soc Stud Sci 38:407-23. 2008....
- Impediments to DNA testing and cascade screening for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and Long QT syndrome: a qualitative study of patient experiencesAndrew Smart
School of Science, Society and Management, Bath Spa University, Newton Park Campus, Newton St Loe, Bath, UK
J Genet Couns 19:630-9. 2010..The evidence of ambivalence provides insight into why some people may be resistant to testing, screening and sharing information. The findings about communication processes indicate potential areas of concern for the cascading process...
- Integrating pharmacogenetics into society: in search of a modelAndrew Webster
Science and Technology Studies Unit, University of York, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Nat Rev Genet 5:663-9. 2004....
- Tailored medicine: whom will it fit? The ethics of patient and disease stratificationAndrew Smart
Oxford Genetics Knowledge Park, The Ethox Centre, Division of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LF, UK
Bioethics 18:322-42. 2004..In conclusion, we suggest how an understanding of these ethical issues could usefully inform future policy discussions...