R A Audisio
- The surgical risk of elderly patients with cancerRiccardo A Audisio
Surg Oncol 13:169-73. 2004
- Treatment of colorectal cancer in older patientsRiccardo A Audisio
University of Liverpool, St Helens Teaching Hospital, Department of Surgery, Marshalls Cross Road, St Helens, Liverpool WA9 3DA, UK
Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 9:716-25. 2012..Careful monitoring of toxicities and early intervention is essential in older patients undergoing chemotherapy...
- Successful publishing: how to get your paper acceptedRiccardo A Audisio
Surgical Oncology, Editor
Surg Oncol 18:350-6. 2009..Contributing towards medical science is a great pleasure to be experienced and shared...
- Shall we operate? Preoperative assessment in elderly cancer patients (PACE) can help. A SIOG surgical task force prospective studyR A Audisio
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 65:156-63. 2008..This study investigates the value of an extended CGA in assessing the suitability of elderly patients for surgical intervention...
- Surgical management of oncogeriatric patientsRiccardo A Audisio
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:1924-9. 2007..These principally are occurring in improved anesthetic care, minimally invasive surgery, nonoperative therapies, risk assessment, and quality-of-life estimates...
- Colorectal cancer follow-up: perspectives for future studiesR A Audisio
Department of General Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Prescot, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 26:329-37. 2000..Although such a trial will require considerable international cooperation it will have enormous benefits and implications if it is managed and completed successfully...
- Radioguided occult lesion localisation (ROLL) is available in the UK for impalpable breast lesionsRiccardo A Audisio
Department of Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Prescot, Merseyside, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 87:92-5. 2005..To test the feasibility and reliability of ROLL in a district general hospital (DGH) dealing with screening detected breast lesions...
- Preoperative assessment of surgical risk in oncogeriatric patientsRiccardo A Audisio
University of Liverpool, Whiston Hospital, Prescot, L35 5DR, UK
Oncologist 10:262-8. 2005..This paper reports on preliminary results and analysis from the ongoing study...
- European School of Oncology--inside track conference: colorectal cancerRiccardo A Audisio
Department of General Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Honarary Senior Lecturer, University of Liverpool, Prescot, Merseyside L35 5DR, UK
Surg Oncol 11:107-22. 2002
- Updates in surgical oncology for elderly patientsRiccardo A Audisio
Department of General Surgery, Whiston Hospital, University of Liverpool, Prescot, Merseyside L35 5DR, UK
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 43:209-17. 2002..Quality of life issues should not be neglected, and a continuous educational endeavour targeted at specialists and general practitioners is desirable...
- The surgical management of elderly cancer patients; recommendations of the SIOG surgical task forceR A Audisio
University of Liverpool, Whiston Hospital, Prescot, UK
Eur J Cancer 40:926-38. 2004....
- Pre-operative assessment of cancer in the elderly (PACE): a comprehensive assessment of underlying characteristics of elderly cancer patients prior to elective surgeryD Pope
University of Liverpool, Merseyside, Liverpool, UK
Surg Oncol 15:189-97. 2006..Pre-operative Assessment of Cancer in the Elderly (PACE) was developed in order to address the need to provide detailed information about the functional reserve of the elderly cancer patient to aid individualised management...
- Radio-guided localization of clinically occult breast lesions (ROLL): a DGH experienceC R Thind
St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals, Prescot, UK
Clin Radiol 60:681-6. 2005..Wire-guided localization (WGL) of clinically occult breast lesions is a well established technique. The aim of this study was to evaluate radio-guided localization (ROLL) within the breast screening service of a district general hospital...
- Recurrence after ROLL lumpectomy for invasive breast cancerH S J Ramesh
Department of Surgery, Whiston Hospital, UK
Breast 17:637-9. 2008..Although ROLL allows adequate removal of sub-clinical breast lesions within a smaller volume of glandular tissue no long-term outcomes have been reported...
- Tumour localisation with a metal coil before the administration of neo-adjuvant chemotherapyR Nadeem
Department of Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Prescot, UK
Breast 14:403-7. 2005..The insertion of a metal coil is a simple mean to provide a landmark for localisation and excision when the breast lump becomes impalpable and radiologically undetectable after the administration of NAC...
- Treatment of advanced colorectal cancer in the elderlyC Bruce
Mersey Deanery, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:S84-7. 2007..Indeed, chronological age alone does not provide sufficient guidance when considering the appropriateness of any palliative treatment regime in the elderly...
- Implications of aging in surgical oncologyHodigere S J Ramesh
Department of Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Prescot, United Kingdom
Cancer J 11:488-94. 2005..We visit existing tools to assess operative risk, reveal interim results from the Preoperative Assessment of Cancer in Elderly (PACE) study, and discuss the future of oncogeriatrics...
- How do we manage breast cancer in the elderly patients? A survey among members of the British Association of Surgical Oncologists (BASO)Riccardo A Audisio
Department of General Surgery, Whiston Hospital Prescot, University of Liverpool, Liverpool College, Merseyside L35 5DR, UK University of Liverpool, UK
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 52:135-41. 2004..To frame the attitude and perception of breast surgeons in the UK toward the increasing number of older breast cancer patients...
- Cowden syndromeA Farooq
Department of General Surgery, St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals, Warrington Road, Prescott L35 5DR, UK
Cancer Treat Rev 36:577-83. 2010..We present a review of this unusual but important condition with particular emphasis on the diagnostic criteria, clinical features, genetics, management and surveillance...
- Occult breast lesions: A comparison between radioguided occult lesion localisation (ROLL) vs. wire-guided lumpectomy (WGL)R Nadeem
Department of Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Merseyside, UK
Breast 14:283-9. 2005..A larger amount of normal breast tissue was excised with WGL, without achieving any better cancer clearance. ROLL provides a feasible alternative to WGL. This quick and simple technique achieves an improved rate of clear margins...
- European School of Oncology Advanced Course on Cancer in the Elderly Liverpool, 29-30 April 2004Caroline Bruce
Whiston Hospital, UK
Surg Oncol 13:159-67. 2004....
- Risk assessment for cancer surgery in elderly patientsHodigere S J Ramesh
Department of Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Prescot, Liverpool, Merseyside, UK
Clin Interv Aging 1:221-7. 2006....
- The diagnosis and management of diabetic mastopathyKatie Thorncroft
Department of Surgery, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Breast J 13:607-13. 2007..Detailed Pubmed and other medical data base searches were carried out and all publications were considered, irrespective of language and date, wherever possible...
- An unusual breast lumpAndrea Wootten
Department of General Surgery, Whiston Hospital, Prescot, Merseyside L35 5DR, UK
Lancet 363:2047. 2004
- Management of breast cancer in elderly individuals: recommendations of the International Society of Geriatric OncologyHans Wildiers
Department of General Medical Oncology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Lancet Oncol 8:1101-15. 2007..The available evidence was reviewed and synthesised to provide consensus recommendations regarding the care of breast cancer in older adults...
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment adds information to Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status in elderly cancer patients: an Italian Group for Geriatric Oncology StudyLazzaro Repetto
Unità Operativa Geriatria Oncologica, Istituto Nazionale di Riposo e Cura per Anziani and Unità di Oncologia, Ospedale Fatebenefratelli Isola Tiberina, Roma, Italy
J Clin Oncol 20:494-502. 2002....
- Liver resection for colorectal liver metastases in older patientsNicola De Liguori Carino
Supra Regional Hepatobiliary Unit, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool L97AL, UK
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 67:273-8. 2008..This study was conducted to investigate both the feasibility, and short- and long-term outcomes of liver resection for colorectal liver metastases in elderly patients...
- Breast carcinoma in elderly women: features of disease presentation, choice of local and systemic treatments compared with younger postmenopasual patientsRoberto Gennari
Department of Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Cancer 101:1302-10. 2004..The aim of the study was to evaluate the relation between biologic features at first diagnosis of breast carcinoma and treatment choice for postmenopausal women > or = 50 years to optimize treatment in the elderly...
- Elderly patients have become the leading drug consumers: it's high time to properly evaluate new drugs within the real targeted populationLazzaro Repetto
J Clin Oncol 24:e62-3. 2006
- Age-related variations in progression of cancer at diagnosis and completeness of cancer registry dataJean Adams
School of Population and Health Sciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Surg Oncol 13:175-9. 2004..Grade decreased but stage increased with increasing age in women with breast cancer. The chances of data on stage and grade at diagnosis being unavailable increased with age in all cases...
- Colorectal cancer presenting as surgical emergenciesMadison Cuffy
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208062, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
Surg Oncol 13:149-57. 2004..Other therapies involve non-operative techniques such as laser therapy, colonic stenting, emergency endoscopy, and comfort measures...
- The use of surgery to treat lung cancer in elderly patientsMichael T Jaklitsch
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, MA 02115, USA
Lancet Oncol 4:463-71. 2003..Every effort should be made to assess risk and optimise treatment for this large and expanding proportion of the population...
- Prediction of postoperative mortality in elderly patients with colorectal cancerAlexander G Heriot
Imperial College London, Department of Surgical Oncology and Tehnology, St Mary s Hospital, 10th Floor QEQM Wing, Praed Street, London, W2 1NY, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 49:816-24. 2006..This study was designed to develop a model for predicting postoperative mortality in elderly patients undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer...
- Oncoplastic fellowship: can we do better?Riccardo A Audisio
Breast 16:11-2. 2007
- Clinical trials for colonic stentsRiccardo A Audisio
Lancet 369:188-9. 2007
- Geographic variation in follow-up after rectal cancer surgeryDavid M Neils
Department of Surgery, Saint Louis University Medical Center, 3635 Vista Avenue at Grand Blvd, St Louis, Mo 63110 0250, USA
Int J Oncol 30:735-42. 2007..All significant differences are clinically rather modest, however. These data should be useful in the design of controlled trials on this topic...