Affiliation: Aston University
- Antimicrobial efficacy of a novel eucalyptus oil, chlorhexidine digluconate and isopropyl alcohol biocide formulationEmma Hendry
Microbiology, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Int J Mol Sci 13:14016-25. 2012....
- Serum procalcitonin, interleukin-6, soluble intercellular adhesin molecule-1 and IgG to short-chain exocellular lipoteichoic acid as predictors of infection in total joint prosthesis revisionT Worthington
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, UK
Br J Biomed Sci 67:71-6. 2010..0001, P = 0.0001 and P = 0.003, respectively) in patients with septic loosening. Serum levels of IL-6, sICAM-1 and IgG to sce-LTA may provide additional information to facilitate the diagnosis of prosthetic joint infection...
- Description and critical appraisal of principal components analysis (PCA) methodology applied to pulsed-field gel electrophoresis profiles of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolatesJonathan M Caddick
Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET, UK
J Microbiol Methods 65:87-95. 2006..Here we provide a detailed description of a PCA method for the analysis of PFGE profiles to complement further the epidemiological study of infectious disease...
- Genetic characterization of clinical isolates of Clostridium difficile using an optimized RAPD protocol and PCR ribotyping reveals strain diversity between two tertiary referral Trusts in the West Midlands, UKLauren M Green
Aston University, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
J Med Microbiol 60:1287-91. 2011..difficile within a relatively small geographical area and warrants a need for further investigation into the local epidemiology of C. difficile...
- Diagnosis of central venous catheter related infection in adult patientsTony Worthington
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
J Infect 51:267-80. 2005..The clinical parameters related to these infections are presented. The laboratory diagnosis of these infections is also extensively reviewed and recommendations are made as to the most appropriate diagnostic method to be used...
- Enhanced chlorhexidine skin penetration with eucalyptus oilTarja J Karpanen
Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, UK
BMC Infect Dis 10:278. 2010..The aim of the current study was to improve the delivery of chlorhexidine digluconate (CHG) when used as a skin antiseptic...
- Molecular analysis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus reveals an absence of plasmid DNA in multidrug-resistant isolatesJonathan M Caddick
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 44:297-302. 2005....
- Thiosemicarbazones active against Clostridium difficileCait Costello
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:1708-11. 2008..One compound containing an ethylene spacer and a 5-nitrofuryl group was found to have promising activity against Clostridium difficile...
- Induction of inflammatory cytokines and nitric oxide in J774.2 cells and murine macrophages by lipoteichoic acid and related cell wall antigens from Staphylococcus epidermidisKaren J Jones
Molecular Biosciences Research Group, Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
J Med Microbiol 54:315-21. 2005..The understanding of the role of short-chain-length exocellular LTA in Gram-positive sepsis may lead to improved treatment strategies...