Affiliation: Aston University
- Embedded progressive-three-layered fiber long-period gratings for respiratory monitoringThomas Allsop
Aston University Photonics Research Group Aston Triangle Birmingham B4 7ET United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 8:552-8. 2003..The curvature sensitivity was 3.747 nm m with a resolution of +/-1.1 x 10(-2) m(-1). The bend sensor is intended to be part of a respiratory monitoring system and was tested on a resuscitation training manikin...
- Application of long-period-grating sensors to respiratory plethysmographyThomas Allsop
Aston University, Photonics Research Group, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 12:064003. 2007..The versatility of this sensing garment is confirmed by it being used on six other human subjects covering a wide range of body mass indices. Just six fully functional sensors are required to obtain a volumetric error of around 6%...
- Exploitation of multilayer coatings for infrared surface plasmon resonance fiber sensorsT Allsop
Photonics Research Group, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET, UK
Appl Opt 48:276-86. 2009..15 index range, while others provided an index sensitivity of Delta lambda/Delta n=6790 nm for refractive indices from 1.33 to 1.37...
- Inscription and characterization of waveguides written into borosilicate glass by a high-repetition-rate femtosecond laser at 800 nmThomas Allsop
Photonics Research Group, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, United Kingdom
Appl Opt 49:1938-50. 2010..At higher energies, the index modification increases with increasing inscription scanning velocity with other fabrication parameters constant...
- Characterisation and performance of a Terfenol-D coated femtosecond laser inscribed optical fibre Bragg sensor with a laser ablated microslot for the detection of static magnetic fieldsG N Smith
Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Opt Express 19:363-70. 2011..3mT in transmission and ± 0.7mT in reflection. The use of a femtosecond laser to both inscribe the FBGs and micromachine the slot in a single stage prior to coating the device significantly simplifies the fabrication...