- Women and HIV: motherhood and moreJane Anderson
Centre for the study of Sexual Health and HIV, Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Curr Opin Infect Dis 25:58-65. 2012..This article reviews information on ways that HIV affects women and discusses recent treatment and prevention approaches...
- What factors are associated with patient self-reported health status among HIV outpatients? A multi-centre UK study of biomedical and psychosocial factorsRichard Harding
King s College London, Department of Palliative Care, Policy and Rehabilitation, Cicely Saunders Institute, London, UK
AIDS Care 24:963-71. 2012..As HIV management focuses on treatment for extended survival and a chronic model of disease, clinical attention to physical and psychological dimensions of patient care are essential to achieve optimal well-being...
- Outcomes in the first year after initiation of first-line HAART among heterosexual men and women in the UK CHIC StudyTristan J Barber
St Stephen s AIDS Trust Clinical Trials Unit, Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Antivir Ther 16:805-14. 2011..We analysed the influence of gender on use and outcomes of first-line HAART in a UK cohort...
- Gender and mental health aspects of living with HIV disease and its longer-term outcomes for UK heterosexual patientsLorraine Sherr
Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, London, UK
Women Health 52:214-33. 2012..The groups had generally similar HIV experiences with high psychological distress. Adherence monitoring and gender appropriate psychological support are needed for these groups...
- Data linkage reduces loss to follow-up in an observational HIV cohort studyTeresa Hill
Research Department of Infection and Population Health, UCL Medical School, London, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 63:1101-9. 2010..To ascertain the degree of loss to follow-up in a cohort and to identify its predictors...
- HIV-associated central nervous system diseases in the recent combination antiretroviral therapy eraLucy Garvey
Clinical Trials Centre, Winston Churchill Wing, St Mary s Hospital, London, W2 1NY, UK
Eur J Neurol 18:527-34. 2011..Data describing the incidence and survival of HIV-related central nervous system diseases (CNS-D) in recent years are sparse...
- The effect of transmitted HIV-1 drug resistance on pre-therapy viral loadLinda Harrison
HIV and Infections Group, MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK
AIDS 24:1917-22. 2010..Reduced replication capacity of viruses expressing drug resistant mutations implies that patients with transmitted drug resistance (TDR) could have lower HIV RNA viral load than those infected with wild-type virus...
- When should HAART be initiated in pregnancy to achieve an undetectable HIV viral load by delivery?Phillip J Read
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
AIDS 26:1095-103. 2012..HAART dramatically reduces mother-to-child transmission of HIV allowing vaginal delivery if the viral load is low. This study provides data for the optimum timing of short-term HAART in pregnancy...
- Using two on-going HIV studies to obtain clinical data from before, during and after pregnancy for HIV-positive womenSusie E Huntington
Research Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill Street, London, NW3 2PF, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:110. 2012..A methodology was developed to find and match records for women reported to both studies thereby obtaining clinical and treatment data on pregnant HIV-positive women not available from either dataset alone...
- Epidemiology of non-B clade forms of HIV-1 in men who have sex with men in the UKJulie Fox
Department of HIV, Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust Kings College London, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
AIDS 24:2397-401. 2010..To describe the frequency and risk factors of non-B HIV-1 subtypes in men who have sex with men (MSM) in the UK...
- Responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy and clinical events in patients with a low CD4 cell count: late presenters vs. late startersL Waters
Department of GU HIV Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Foundation Trust, London, UK
HIV Med 12:289-98. 2011..We investigated whether adverse responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) associated with late HIV presentation are secondary to low CD4 cell count per se or other confounding factors...
- Clinical epidemiology of HIV-associated end-stage renal failure in the UKLoveleen Bansi
University College London Medical School, London, UK
AIDS 23:2517-21. 2009..To describe the clinical epidemiology of HIV-associated end-stage renal failure (HIV/ESRF) from 1998 to 2007 in the United Kingdom...
- British HIV Association and Children's HIV Association position statement on infant feeding in the UK 2011G P Taylor
British HIV Association BHIVA, BHIVA Secretariat, Mediscript Ltd, London, UK
HIV Med 12:389-93. 2011....
- HIV type-1 drug resistance in antiretroviral treatment-naive adults infected with non-B subtype virus in the United KingdomDaniella N Chilton
Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK
Antivir Ther 15:985-91. 2010..We examined the characteristics of HIV-1 drug resistance in antiretroviral treatment (ART)-naive individuals migrating to the UK...
- "If I cannot access services, then there is no reason for me to test": the impacts of health service charges on HIV testing and treatment amongst migrants in EnglandFelicity Thomas
Thomas Coram Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London, London, UK
AIDS Care 22:526-31. 2010....