S Michael Crawford
Affiliation: Airedale General Hospital
- Social and geographical factors affecting access to treatment of colorectal cancer: a cancer registry studyS Michael Crawford
Department of Medical Oncology, Airedale NHS Trust, Airedale General Hospital, Keighley, UK
BMJ Open 2:e000410. 2012..The authors set out to explore the effect of deprivation in relation to the accessibility of hospitals offering diagnostic and therapeutic services on stage at presentation and receipt of treatment...
- Social and geographical factors affecting access to treatment of lung cancerS M Crawford
Airedale General Hospital, Skipton Road, Steeton, Keighley, West Yorkshire BD20 6TD, UK
Br J Cancer 101:897-901. 2009..Cancer survival is inferior to that of other Western European countries. We have used cancer registry data to assess factors associated with access to diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer in northern England...
- Does the nadir CA125 concentration predict a long-term outcome after chemotherapy for carcinoma of the ovary?S M Crawford
Department of Medical Oncology, Airedale General Hospital, Skipton Road, Steeton, Keighley BD20 6TD, UK
Ann Oncol 16:47-50. 2005..001). Variations in the CA125 value even within the normal range carry useful information. This prognostic indicator will be useful in studying the management of patients following response to first-line chemotherapy...
- A visitor with Munchausen's syndromeS Michael Crawford
Airedale General Hospital, Keighley, West Yorkshire
Clin Med 5:400-1. 2005..The article describes the experience of three members of staff with a patient who proved to have Munchausen's syndrome, and their reaction to discovering the truth...
- Centralisation of services for the management of ovarian cancer: arguments againstS M Crawford
Department of Medical Oncology and Gynaecology, Airedale General Hospital, West Yorkshire, UK
BJOG 114:1183-5; discussion 1186-7. 2007..We argue for investment in the diagnosis of ovarian cancer and the provision of services for its medical treatment over a prolonged period...
- Sustained effect of the aromatase inhibitors anastrozole and letrozole on endometrial thickness in patients with endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial carcinomaL C Barker
Oncology Department, Airedale General Hospital, Steeton, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1105-9. 2009....
- A phase II trial of continuous 5-fluorouracil in recurrent or metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary tractM S Highley
Department of Medical Oncology, Guy s Hospital, St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RT, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 21:394-400. 2009..To assess the activity of a continuous infusion of 5-fluorouracil in patients with recurrent locally advanced or metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary tract...
- The effect of intensity of administered treatment on the outcome of germ cell tumours treated with POMB/ACE chemotherapyS M Crawford
Cancer Research Campaign Laboratories, Department of Medical Oncology, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 59:243-6. 1989..They showed no significant differences between the two groups. These results emphasise the importance of ensuring that patients with these curable cancers receive adequate doses of chemotherapy...
- Severe sequence-specific toxicity when capecitabine is given after Fluorouracil and leucovorinIvo M Hennig
Cancer Research UK Centre, St James s Institute of Oncology, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:3411-7. 2008..These treatments have similar efficacy but differ in convenience and toxicity. We therefore wished to compare their overall acceptability to patients...
- Epirubicin and cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil as adjuvant therapy for early breast cancerChristopher J Poole
Cancer Research UK Clinical Trials Unit, Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 355:1851-62. 2006..The National Epirubicin Adjuvant Trial (NEAT) and the BR9601 trial examined the efficacy of anthracyclines in the adjuvant treatment of early breast cancer...
- Waiting for radiotherapy: financing increased capacity is a mustS Michael Crawford
BMJ 332:235. 2006
- Recruitment of patients to clinical trials: an ambitious undertaking for the UKS Michael Crawford
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 14:335-6. 2002
- Two week rule: Breast cancer experience has wider implicationsS Michael Crawford
BMJ 335:361. 2007