- The role of platelet rich plasma in musculoskeletal scienceZafar Ahmad
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Box 180, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
JRSM Short Rep 3:40. 2012..In this article we cover what platelet rich plasma is, how it is prepared and administered, its potential clinical application, and what the current literature discusses in the various areas of musculoskeletal science...
- Lateral epicondylitis: a review of pathology and managementZ Ahmad
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Department of Orthopaedics, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UR, UK
Bone Joint J 95:1158-64. 2013..This review discusses the mechanism of disease, symptoms and signs, investigations, current management protocols and potential new treatments...
- The effect of platelet-rich plasma on clinical outcomes in lateral epicondylitisZafar Ahmad
Department of Orthopaedics, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, England Electronic address
Arthroscopy 29:1851-62. 2013..To evaluate the evidence for application of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) in lateral epicondylitis...
- Solitary amyloidoma related to THAZafar Ahmad
Department of Orthopaedics, Norfolk and Norwich Hospital NHS Trust, Norwich, United Kingdom
Orthopedics 36:e971-3. 2013..Patients with AL amyloidomas have a poorer prognosis because they have a higher chance of malignancies. Early diagnosis can prevent long-term serious consequences of this condition. ..
- Exploring the application of stem cells in tendon repair and regenerationZafar Ahmad
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, England
Arthroscopy 28:1018-29. 2012..To conduct a systematic review of the current evidence for the effects of stem cells on tendon healing in preclinical studies and human studies...
- Review article: Regenerative techniques for repair of rotator cuff tearsZafar Ahmad
Department of Orthopaedics, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, United Kingdom
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 21:226-31. 2013..We reviewed the literature of various regenerative techniques in terms of (1) enhancing the repair process, (2) tissue regeneration, (3) mechanical strength, and (4) clinical outcome. ..