- Advances in mouse models of prostate cancerImran Ahmad
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, UK
Expert Rev Mol Med 10:e16. 2008..Compound mutational models will also develop further, with double and triple knock-in or knockout systems adding to our knowledge of the interaction between different signalling cascades...
- Keratinizing squamous metaplasia of the bladder: a reviewImran Ahmad
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, UK
Urol Int 81:247-51. 2008..Once diagnosed, there is a dilemma how to treat and follow-up this group...
- Change in functional status of patients whilst awaiting prinmary total knee arthroplastyI Ahmad
Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow
Surgeon 5:266-7. 2007..Waiting times were not normally distributed and the Spearmann rank correlation test was used to correlate waiting time and initial score and change in score...
- Sequential hydrodistension and intravesical instillation of hyaluronic acid under general anaesthesia for treatment of refractory interstitial cystitis: a pilot studyImran Ahmad
Department of Urology, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:543-6. 2008..Further prospective trials are required...
- Urological follow-up of adult spina bifida patientsImran Ahmad
Department of Urology, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 26:978-80. 2007..Our aim was to evaluate the current literature to attempt to formulate evidence based guidelines for the management of this difficult group of patients...
- Isolated deep peroneal (fibular) nerve palsy in association with primary total hip arthroplastyI Ahmad
Department of Urology, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Clin Anat 20:703-4. 2007..Recovery is prolonged and incomplete despite intensive physiotherapy, thus putting emphasis on prevention...
- HemospermiaImran Ahmad
Department of Urology, Ayr Hospital, Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Urol 177:1613-8. 2007..The dilemma now is how far to investigate these patients since in the majority it is a benign and self-limiting symptom...
- Testicular microlithiasis: prevalence and risk of concurrent and interval development of testicular tumor in a referred populationImran Ahmad
Department of Urology, Ayr Hospital, Dalmellington Road, Ayr, KA6 6DX, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 39:1177-81. 2007..To identify prevalence of testicular microlithiasis on ultrasound in a referred population and risk of concurrent and interval testicular tumor development...
- Ezetimibe-induced acute pancreatitisImran Ahmad
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Darby, PA, USA
South Med J 100:409-10. 2007..It is used alone or in combination with other lipid-lowering agents in the treatment of various forms of hypercholesterolemia. Since its FDA approval in 2002, there are no known citations of ezetimibe-induced pancreatitis...
- Complicated inguinal hernia of AmyandMateen M Hotiana
South Med J 100:411. 2007
- Typhoid fever and viral hepatitis in a G6PD deficient individualImran Ahmad
CMH Sibi, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 17:80-1. 2005..Simultaneous occurrence of multiple diseases is unusual but not rare. We are reporting an unusual combination of Typhoid fever and viral hepatitis in a G6PD deficient individual...
- Role of SCC-S2 in experimental metastasis and modulation of VEGFR-2, MMP-1, and MMP-9 expressionChuanbo Zhang
Department of Radiation Medicine, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Mol Ther 13:947-55. 2006..These results demonstrate a novel role for SCC-S2 in tumor progression, involving multiple effectors, and provide a basis for SCC-S2-targeted cancer gene therapy...
- Pharmacokinetics, toxicity, and efficacy of ends-modified raf antisense oligodeoxyribonucleotide encapsulated in a novel cationic liposomePrafulla C Gokhale
Department of Radiation Medicine, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:3611-21. 2002..LErafAON treatment caused inhibition of Raf-1 protein expression in normal and tumor tissues in these mice (>50%, versus controls). These data have formed a basis of the clinical Phase I studies of LErafAON for cancer treatment...
- SCC-112, a novel cell cycle-regulated molecule, exhibits reduced expression in human renal carcinomasDeepak Kumar
Department of Radiation Medicine, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, E208, Research Building, 3970 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Gene 328:187-96. 2004..2-fold to>10-fold, n=18). Taken together, these findings suggest that the SCC-112 gene expression is likely to be associated with normal cell growth and proliferation...
- Enhanced therapeutic effects of doxorubicin and paclitaxel in combination with liposome-entrapped ends-modified raf antisense oligonucleotide against human prostate, lung and breast tumor modelsRajshree R Mewani
Department of Radiation Medicine, Georgetown University Medical Center, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Int J Oncol 24:1181-8. 2004..These preclinical observations support the use of LErafAON in combination with chemotherapeutic agents to improve the treatment of human cancers...
- BRCC2, a novel BH3-like domain-containing protein, induces apoptosis in a caspase-dependent mannerConstantinos G Broustas
Department of Radiation Medicine, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, D C 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 279:26780-8. 2004..These findings demonstrate that BRCC2 functions as a proapoptotic molecule and suggest that BRCC2 induces a caspase-dependent mitochondrial pathway of cell death...
- Enhanced therapeutic efficacy of a novel liposome-based formulation of SN-38 against human tumor models in SCID miceSabrina Lei
Research and Development, NeoPharm Inc, Waukegan, IL 60085, USA
Anticancer Drugs 15:773-8. 2004..We conclude that LE-SN38 is a novel liposome-based formulation with enhanced therapeutic efficacy against human tumor models...
- Quantification of raf antisense oligonucleotide (rafAON) in biological matrices by LC-MS/MS to support pharmacokinetics of a liposome-entrapped rafAON formulationJenifer L Johnson
Pharmacokinetics, Safety and Efficacy Department, NeoPharm Inc, Waukegan, IL 60085, USA
Biomed Chromatogr 19:272-8. 2005..Accuracy, precision and stability were evaluated and found to be acceptable in all three matrices. The assay was used to support pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution studies of LErafAON-ETU in mice and monkeys...
- Systemic delivery of RafsiRNA using cationic cardiolipin liposomes silences Raf-1 expression and inhibits tumor growth in xenograft model of human prostate cancerAjai Pal
Pharmacokinetics, Safety and Efficacy Department, NeoPharm Inc, Research and Development, 1850 Lakeside Drive, Waukegan, IL 60085, USA
Int J Oncol 26:1087-91. 2005..The knockdown of Raf-1 expression by siRNA is also associated with down-regulation of cyclin D1 expression in vivo...
- Preclinical safety, pharmacokinetics and antitumor efficacy profile of liposome-entrapped SN-38 formulationAjai Pal
NeoPharm, Inc, Research and Development, Waukegan, IL 60085, USA
Anticancer Res 25:331-41. 2005..v. x 5) inhibited 65% and 98% tumor growth, respectively, in a human pancreatic tumor model. CONCLUSION: LE-SN38 showed a favorable pharmacokinetics profile and can be administered safely at therapeutically effective doses...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of gemcitabine-lipid conjugate (NEO6002)Shoukath M Ali
NeoPharm Inc, Research and Development Facility, 1850 Lakeside Drive, Waukegan, IL 60085, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:2571-4. 2005..Compound 5 was tested in BxPC-3 human pancreatic tumor model in SCID mice and exhibited promising activity and lower toxicity when compared with Gemzar...
- The L-type calcium channel inhibitor diltiazem prevents cardiomyopathy in a mouse modelChristopher Semsarian
Department of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 109:1013-20. 2002....