Affiliation: Addenbrooke's Hospital
- Seeking an oracle: using the Delphi process to develop practice guidelines for the treatment of endometriosis with Chinese herbal medicineAndrew Flower
University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Altern Complement Med 13:969-76. 2007..The Delphi process may offer a pragmatic way to establish good practice guidelines until more rigorous forms of assessment can be undertaken...
- Chinese herbal medicine for endometriosisAndrew Flower
ComplementaryMedicine ResearchUnit, Dept PrimaryMedical Care, Southampton University, Ringmer, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 5:CD006568. 2012..This review is an update of a previous review published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2009, issue No 3...
- Guidelines for randomised controlled trials investigating Chinese herbal medicineAndrew Flower
Complementary and Integrated Medicine Research Unit, Southampton University, UK
J Ethnopharmacol 140:550-4. 2012....
- Combining rigour with relevance: a novel methodology for testing Chinese herbal medicineAndrew Flower
Department of Primary Care, Southampton Medical School, University of Southampton, UK
J Ethnopharmacol 134:373-8. 2011..This paper proposes a novel methodology to test individualised herbal decoctions using a randomised, double blinded, placebo controlled clinical trial...
- A feasibility study exploring the role of Chinese herbal medicine in the treatment of endometriosisAndrew Flower
Department of Primary Medical Care, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
J Altern Complement Med 17:691-9. 2011..Conventional medical intervention has unpleasant side-effects, and symptoms frequently return after treatment. Preliminary evidence suggests Chinese herbal medicine (CHM) may contribute to the treatment of endometriosis...
- The meaning of evidence: can practitioners be researchers?George Lewith
Complementary and Integrated Medicine Research Unit, Primary Medical Care, Aldermoor Health Centre, University of Southampton, UK
Forsch Komplementmed 16:343-7. 2009..Our principle aim in writing this essay is to offer our practical experience and insight as issues for thoughtful debate for those clinicians and academics involved in clinical research in controversial areas such as CAM...
- Oral Chinese herbal medicine (CHM) as an adjuvant treatment during chemotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer: A systematic reviewSisi Chen
School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Lung Cancer 68:137-45. 2010..Treatment options are limited and there is a need to explore alternatives. This systematic review evaluates the role of Chinese herbal medicine (CHM) in association with chemotherapy for NSCLC...
- The context and meaning of placebos for complementary medicineGeorge Lewith
Primary Medical Care, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Forsch Komplementmed 16:404-12. 2009..However, our conclusions suggest that we are some way from developing valid, credible and reliable placebos for most CAM therapies...