- Dead regions in the cochlea at 4 kHz in elderly adults: relation to absolute threshold, steepness of audiogram, and pure-tone averageHashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Ealing Hospital, Southall, London, UK
J Am Acad Audiol 18:97-106. 2007..However, the mean absolute threshold at 4 kHz was significantly higher for the group with DRs than for the group without DRs. The prevalence of DRs exceeded 50% for hearing losses greater than 70 dB...
- The accuracy of matching target insertion gains with open-fit hearing aidsHashir Aazh
Royal Surrey County Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, UK
Am J Audiol 21:175-80. 2012..To assess the accuracy with which target insertion gains were matched for a single type of open-fit hearing aid, both on initial fitting and after adjustment...
- Real ear measurement methods for open fit hearing aids: modified pressure concurrent equalization (MPCE) versus modified pressure stored equalization (MPSE)Hashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Guildford, UK
Int J Audiol 51:103-7. 2012....
- The value of routine real ear measurement of the gain of digital hearing aidsHashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Ealing Hospital, Uxbridge Road, Southall, London UB1 3HW, UK
J Am Acad Audiol 18:653-64. 2007..The results indicate that REIG measurements can and should be used to achieve more accurate fittings but that accurate adjustments are difficult with some aids...
- Patient-centered tinnitus management tool: a clinical auditHashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Ealing Hospital, Uxbridge Road, Southall, London UB1 3HW, United Kingdom
Am J Audiol 18:7-13. 2009..To evaluate the impact of an educational poster describing treatment options available to patients experiencing tinnitus...
- Gabapentin for tinnitus: a systematic reviewHashir Aazh
Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Guildford, United Kingdom
Am J Audiol 20:151-8. 2011..The main aim of this study was to assess the effect of gabapentin on tinnitus via a systematic review...
- Influence of ear canal occlusion and static pressure difference on bone conduction thresholds: implications for mechanisms of bone conductionHashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Ealing Hospital, Uxbridge Road, Southall, London UB1 3EU, UK
Int J Audiol 44:302-6. 2005..The results are interpreted in terms of changes in the relative contribution of the three routes of transmission for BC sound produced by occlusion and by a static pressure difference...