- Dead regions in the cochlea at 4 kHz in elderly adults: relation to absolute threshold, steepness of audiogram, and pure-tone averageHashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Ealing Hospital, Southall, London, UK
J Am Acad Audiol 18:97-106. 2007..However, the mean absolute threshold at 4 kHz was significantly higher for the group with DRs than for the group without DRs. The prevalence of DRs exceeded 50% for hearing losses greater than 70 dB...
- The accuracy of matching target insertion gains with open-fit hearing aidsHashir Aazh
Royal Surrey County Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, UK
Am J Audiol 21:175-80. 2012..To assess the accuracy with which target insertion gains were matched for a single type of open-fit hearing aid, both on initial fitting and after adjustment...
- Real ear measurement methods for open fit hearing aids: modified pressure concurrent equalization (MPCE) versus modified pressure stored equalization (MPSE)Hashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Guildford, UK
Int J Audiol 51:103-7. 2012....
- The value of routine real ear measurement of the gain of digital hearing aidsHashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Ealing Hospital, Uxbridge Road, Southall, London UB1 3HW, UK
J Am Acad Audiol 18:653-64. 2007..The results indicate that REIG measurements can and should be used to achieve more accurate fittings but that accurate adjustments are difficult with some aids...
- Patient-centered tinnitus management tool: a clinical auditHashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Ealing Hospital, Uxbridge Road, Southall, London UB1 3HW, United Kingdom
Am J Audiol 18:7-13. 2009..To evaluate the impact of an educational poster describing treatment options available to patients experiencing tinnitus...
- Gabapentin for tinnitus: a systematic reviewHashir Aazh
Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Guildford, United Kingdom
Am J Audiol 20:151-8. 2011..The main aim of this study was to assess the effect of gabapentin on tinnitus via a systematic review...
- Insights from the First International Conference on Hyperacusis: causes, evaluation, diagnosis and treatmentHashir Aazh
Department of Audiology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford Department of Social and Environmental Health Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Noise Health 16:123-6. 2014....
- Influence of ear canal occlusion and static pressure difference on bone conduction thresholds: implications for mechanisms of bone conductionHashir Aazh
Audiology Department, Ealing Hospital, Uxbridge Road, Southall, London UB1 3EU, UK
Int J Audiol 44:302-6. 2005..The results are interpreted in terms of changes in the relative contribution of the three routes of transmission for BC sound produced by occlusion and by a static pressure difference...