- Malaria treatment policy change in Uganda: what role did evidence play?Juliet Nabyonga-Orem
WHO Regional Office for Africa, P, O Box 6, Brazzaville, Congo
Malar J 13:345. 2014..Application of the MRT to a health policy case will contribute to refining it...
- The roles and influence of actors in the uptake of evidence: the case of malaria treatment policy change in UgandaJuliet Nabyonga-Orem
WHO Regional Office for Africa, Brazzaville, Congo
Implement Sci 9:150. 2014..Stakeholder involvement in evidence generation and in KT activities is essential. In the present study, we explored how stakeholders impacted the uptake of evidence in the malaria treatment policy change in Uganda...
- Advancing the application of systems thinking in health: exploring dual practice and its management in Kampala, UgandaLigia Paina
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N, Wolfe St, Suite E8541, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Health Res Policy Syst 12:41. 2014..An in-depth understanding of dual practice can contribute to policy discussions on improving public sector performance...
- Health systems performance assessment in low-income countries: learning from international experiencesChristine Kirunga Tashobya
Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp, Nationalestraat 155, Antwerp, B 2000, Belgium
Global Health 10:5. 2014....
- The impact of Fogarty International Center research training programs on public health policy and program development in Kenya and UgandaSara Bennett
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Public Health 13:770. 2013..We conducted an exploratory analysis of how FIC research training investments affected public health policy and program development in Kenya and Uganda...
- How does investment in research training affect the development of research networks and collaborations?Ligia Paina
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Health Res Policy Syst 11:18. 2013....
- Aid alignment: a longer term lens on trends in development assistance for health in UgandaElizabeth Stierman
Primary author, P, O, Box 38086, Lusaka, Zambia
Global Health 9:7. 2013..Yet primary health care and other priorities identified in Uganda's health sector strategic plan remain underfunded...
- Perspectives on the role of stakeholders in knowledge translation in health policy development in UgandaJuliet Nabyonga Orem
WHO Uganda Office, Health systems and Services Cluster, P O Box 24578, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Health Serv Res 13:324. 2013..Here we identify the roles, relations, and interactions among the key stakeholders involved in KT in Uganda and the challenges that they face...
- Why performance-based contracting failed in Uganda--an "open-box" evaluation of a complex health system interventionFreddie Ssengooba
Department of Health Policy, Planning and Management, School of Public Health, Makerere University, Uganda
Soc Sci Med 75:377-83. 2012....
- Research translation to inform national health policies: learning from multiple perspectives in UgandaFreddie Ssengooba
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 11:S13. 2011....
- Research, evidence and policymaking: the perspectives of policy actors on improving uptake of evidence in health policy development and implementation in UgandaJuliet Nabyonga Orem
WHO Uganda Office, Health systems and Services Cluster, P, O, Box 24578, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Public Health 12:109. 2012..The main objective of this research is to elaborate a Middle Range Theory (MRT) of KT in Uganda that can also serve as a reference for other low- and middle income countries...