Affiliation: MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
- Factors affecting the infant antibody response to measles immunisation in Entebbe-UgandaDennison Kizito
Co infection Studies Programme, MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Uganda Virus Research Institute, PO Box 49, Entebbe, Uganda
BMC Public Health 13:619. 2013..We tested this hypothesis by examining the influence of co-infections on maternal and infant measles-specific IgG levels...
- Treatment with anthelminthics during pregnancy: what gains and what risks for the mother and child?Alison M Elliott
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Uganda Virus Research Institute, PO Box 49, Entebbe, Uganda
Parasitology 138:1499-507. 2011..The risks and benefits of routine anthelminthic treatment in antenatal clinics may need to be reconsidered...
- Maternal hookworm modifies risk factors for childhood eczema: results from a birth cohort in UgandaHarriet Mpairwe
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 25:481-8. 2014..Worms may protect against allergy. Early-life worm exposure may be critical, but this has not been fully investigated...
- Impact of anthelminthic treatment in pregnancy and childhood on immunisations, infections and eczema in childhood: a randomised controlled trialJuliet Ndibazza
Medical Research Council Uganda Virus Research Institute Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
PLoS ONE 7:e50325. 2012..We addressed the hypothesis that anthelminthic treatment in pregnancy and early childhood would improve responses to immunisation and modulate disease incidence in early childhood with both beneficial and detrimental effects...
- Uptake of HIV and syphilis testing of pregnant women and their male partners in a programme for prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission in UgandaDennison Kizito
Medical Research Council Uganda Virus Research Institute MRC UVRI, Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
Trop Med Int Health 13:680-2. 2008..To describe uptake of HIV and syphilis testing in a prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission programme in Uganda...
- Determining Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection among BCG-immunised Ugandan children by T-SPOT.TB and tuberculin skin testingGyaviira Nkurunungi
Co infection Studies Programme, Medical Research Council Uganda Virus Research Institute Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
PLoS ONE 7:e47340. 2012..TB) and the tuberculin skin test (TST; 2 units RT-23 tuberculin; positive defined as diameter ≥10 mm), along with the reproducibility of T-SPOT.TB on short-term follow-up, in this population...
- Associations between mild-to-moderate anaemia in pregnancy and helminth, malaria and HIV infection in Entebbe, UgandaLawrence Muhangi
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Uganda Virus Research Institute, P O Box 49, Entebbe, Uganda
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:899-907. 2007..This result may relate to relatively good nutrition and low helminth infection intensity. These findings are pertinent to estimating the disease burden of helminths and other infections in pregnancy. [Clinical Trial No. ISRCTN32849447]...