Affiliation: Malaria Consortium
- Thirteen years HIV-1 sentinel surveillance and indicators for behavioural change suggest impact of programme activities in south-west TanzaniaBrigitte Jordan-Harder
GTZ, German Agency for Technical Co operation, Eschborn, Germany
AIDS 18:287-94. 2004..To describe the evolution of the HIV-1 epidemic among women attending antenatal clinics in four different geographic areas within two rural regions with differing intervention intensity in south-west Tanzania...
- A stitch in time: a cross-sectional survey looking at long lasting insecticide-treated bed net ownership, utilization and attrition in SNNPR, EthiopiaEsey Batisso
1Malaria Consortium, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Malar J 11:183. 2012....
- Evaluation of Interceptor long-lasting insecticidal nets in eight communities in LiberiaKristin Banek
Uganda Malaria Surveillance Project, PO Box 7475, Kampala, Uganda
Malar J 9:84. 2010..Field information is available for both Olyset(R) and PermaNet((R)), with limited data on the newer LLINs. To address this gap, a field evaluation was carried out to determine the acceptability and durability of Interceptor((R)) LLINs...
- Costs and effects of two public sector delivery channels for long-lasting insecticidal nets in UgandaJan H Kolaczinski
Malaria Consortium Africa Regional Office, PO Box 8045, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, Kampala, Uganda
Malar J 9:102. 2010..This study evaluated the two delivery channels regarding LLIN retention and use, and estimated the associated costs, to contribute towards the evidence-base on LLIN delivery channels in Uganda...
- Evidence for a useful life of more than three years for a polyester-based long-lasting insecticidal mosquito net in Western UgandaAlbert Kilian
Malaria Consortium International, London, UK
Malar J 10:299. 2011..Results for one of the polyester-based products, Interceptor is presented...
- How many mosquito nets are needed to achieve universal coverage? Recommendations for the quantification and allocation of long-lasting insecticidal nets for mass campaignsAlbert Kilian
Malaria Consortium, Development House, London EC2A 4LT, UK
Malar J 9:330. 2010..However, national level campaigns in several countries have run out of nets in the course of distribution, indicating a problem in the method used to estimate the quantity needed...
- Long-term field performance of a polyester-based long-lasting insecticidal mosquito net in rural UgandaAlbert Kilian
Malaria Consortium, Development House, 56 64 Leonard Street EC2A 4JX, London, UK
Malar J 7:49. 2008....
- Extension of indoor residual spraying for malaria control into high transmission settings in AfricaKate Kolaczinski
Malaria Consortium Africa, P O Box 8045, Sturrock Road, Kampala, Uganda
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:852-3. 2007..There remains a need to support ongoing insecticide-treated net scale-up. Insecticide choice is hampered by the lack of economic costing data...
- Universal coverage with insecticide-treated nets - applying the revised indicators for ownership and use to the Nigeria 2010 malaria indicator survey dataAlbert Kilian
Malaria Consortium, London, UK
Malar J 12:314. 2013....
- Scaling-up and sustaining insecticide-treated net coverageJo Lines
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Lancet Infect Dis 3:465-6; discussion 467-8. 2003
- Artemisinin versus nonartemisinin combination therapy for uncomplicated malaria: randomized clinical trials from four sites in UgandaAdoke Yeka
Ministry of Health, Kampala, Uganda
PLoS Med 2:e190. 2005..We compared artemisinin-based and other combination therapies in four districts in Uganda with varying transmission intensity...
- Sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine plus chloroquine or amodiaquine for uncomplicated falciparum malaria: a randomized, multisite trial to guide national policy in UgandaNathan Bakyaita
Ministry of Health, Kampala, Uganda
Am J Trop Med Hyg 72:573-80. 2005..Amodiaquine plus sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine was significantly more efficacious; however, existing levels of resistance raises concern about the useful therapeutic life-span of this regimen...