Affiliation: Malaria Consortium
- Finding parasites and finding challenges: improved diagnostic access and trends in reported malaria and anti-malarial drug use in Livingstone district, ZambiaFreddie Masaninga
World Health Organization Country Office, Lusaka, Zambia
Malar J 11:341. 2012....
- Community health workers use malaria rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) safely and accurately: results of a longitudinal study in ZambiaHelen Counihan
Malaria Consortium, Maputo, Mozambique
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:57-63. 2012..7% correct at 12 months. We conclude that appropriately trained and supervised CHWs can use RDTs safely and accurately in community practice for up to 12 months post-training...
- Early experiences on the feasibility, acceptability, and use of malaria rapid diagnostic tests at peripheral health centres in Uganda-insights into some barriers and facilitatorsCaroline Asiimwe
Malaria Consortium Africa Regional Office, Plot 25 Upper Naguru East Road, Kampala, Uganda
Implement Sci 7:5. 2012..These findings are important in informing implementation of new health technologies, plans, and budgets in low-resourced national disease control programmes...
- Placental Plasmodium falciparum malaria infection: operational accuracy of HRP2 rapid diagnostic tests in a malaria endemic settingDaniel J Kyabayinze
Malaria Consortium, Upper Naguru East Road, P, O, Box 8045, Kampala, Uganda
Malar J 10:306. 2011..Peripheral blood smear microscopy under-estimates sequestered placental infections, therefore malaria rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) detecting histidine rich protein-2 antigen (HRP-2) in peripheral blood are a potential alternative...
- Performance of three multi-species rapid diagnostic tests for diagnosis of Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax malaria in Oromia Regional State, EthiopiaRuth A Ashton
Malaria Consortium Ethiopia Office, Ethio China Road, PO Box 100224, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Malar J 9:297. 2010..The present study compared three RDT products to provide the FMoH with evidence to guide appropriate product selection...
- Malaria misdiagnosis in Uganda--implications for policy changeJoan Nankabirwa
Malaria Consortium, Africa Regional Office, Kampala, Uganda
Malar J 8:66. 2009..In this study, the policy implications of such recommendations are revisited...
- Use of RDTs to improve malaria diagnosis and fever case management at primary health care facilities in UgandaDaniel J Kyabayinze
Malaria Consortium Africa, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, PO Box 8045, Kampala, Uganda
Malar J 9:200. 2010..This study evaluated the effect of malaria RDTs on health workers' anti-malarial drug (AMD) prescriptions among outpatients at low level health care facilities (LLHCF) within different malaria epidemiological settings in Uganda...
- Operational accuracy and comparative persistent antigenicity of HRP2 rapid diagnostic tests for Plasmodium falciparum malaria in a hyperendemic region of UgandaDaniel J Kyabayinze
Malaria Consortium Africa, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, P O Box 8045, Kampala, Uganda
Malar J 7:221. 2008..An assessment of the accuracy of Malaria Pf immuno-chromatographic test (ICT) and description of persistent antigenicity of HRP2 RDTs was undertaken in a hyperendemic area of Uganda...
- Community acceptability of use of rapid diagnostic tests for malaria by community health workers in UgandaDavid Mukanga
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Makerere University School of Public Health, P, O, Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
Malar J 9:203. 2010..This study assessed community acceptability of the use of RDTs by Ugandan CHWs, locally referred to as community medicine distributors (CMDs)...