Affiliation: Uludag University
- Ak S, Tunca B, Tezcan G, Cecener G, Egeli U, Yilmazlar T, et al. MicroRNA expression patterns of tumors in early-onset colorectal cancer patients. J Surg Res. 2014;191:113-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, these miRNAs might be used as significant prognostic factors and indicators of early-stage CRC. Further studies and validations are required; these miRNAs may provide novel molecular targets for CRC treatment. ..
- Tezcan G, Taskapilioglu M, Tunca B, Bekar A, Demirci H, Kocaeli H, et al. Olea europaea leaf extract and bevacizumab synergistically exhibit beneficial efficacy upon human glioblastoma cancer stem cells through reducing angiogenesis and invasion in vitro. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;90:713-723 pubmed publisher..This effect was synergistically increased in combination with bevacizumab. Therefore, our current findings may contribute to research on drugs that inhibit the invasiveness of GBM. ..
- Tunca B, Erisen L, Coskun H, Cecener G, Ozuysal S, Egeli U. P53 gene mutations in surgical margins and primary tumor tissues of patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Tumori. 2007;93:182-8 pubmed..p53 mutations in primary tumors, the effect of the mutations on some clinical and pathological features of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, and the impact of p53 mutations in the surgical margins on local recurrence were determined,..
- Tunca B, Egeli U, Cecener G, Tezcan G, Gokgoz S, Tasdelen I, et al. CK19, CK20, EGFR and HER2 status of circulating tumor cells in patients with breast cancer. Tumori. 2012;98:243-51 pubmed publisher..The aims of the current study were to analyze circulating tumor cells in the blood of breast cancer patients by investigating EGFR, CK19, CK20 and HER2 expression profiles and to evaluate their prognostic importance...
- Tunca B, Tezcan G, Cecener G, Egeli U, Ak S, Malyer H, et al. Olea europaea leaf extract alters microRNA expression in human glioblastoma cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:1831-44 pubmed publisher..The present study aimed to evaluate whether Olea europaea leaf extract (OLE) has an anticancer effect and modulates miRNA expression in GBM...
- Tunca B, Tezcan G, Cecener G, Egeli U, Zorluoglu A, Yilmazlar T, et al. Overexpression of CK20, MAP3K8 and EIF5A correlates with poor prognosis in early-onset colorectal cancer patients. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2013;139:691-702 pubmed publisher..Further studies and validations are required; these genes may provide novel therapeutic molecular targets for CRC treatment, as well as new directions for the development of anticancer drugs. ..