Affiliation: Uludag University
- The influence of timing of systemic ketamine administration on postoperative morphine consumptionHulya Bilgin
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa 16059, Turkey
J Clin Anesth 17:592-7. 2005..To determine the influence of timing of systemic ketamine administration on postoperative morphine consumption...
- Tracheal intubation using the ILMA, C-Trach or McCoy laryngoscope in patients with simulated cervical spine injuryH Bilgin
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Uludag University, Faculty of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
Anaesthesia 61:685-91. 2006..5) group than in the C-Trach (41 s, SD 15.8) and McCoy (30 s, SD 7.4) groups (p < 0.05, p < 0.05, respectively). There were no significant differences in haemodynamic parameters among the groups at any time...
- A comparison of effects of alfentanil, fentanyl, and remifentanil on hemodynamic and respiratory parameters during stereotactic brain biopsyHulya Bilgin
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Uludag University, Faculty of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 18:179-84. 2006..The use of bolus fentanyl technique caused less hemodynamic stability. The continuous infusion technique of remifentanil or alfentanil provided better control on hemodynamic parameters...
- Spinal anesthesia in a patient with severe thoracolumbar kyphoscoliosisGurayten Ozyurt
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Uludag University Medical School
Tohoku J Exp Med 207:239-42. 2005..The patient reported satisfactory anesthesia each time, and developed no complications. In conclusion, spinal anesthesia can be successful even in cases of severe thoracolumbar kyphoscoliosis...
- Minimally invasive awake craniotomy using Steiner-Lindquist stereotactic laser guidanceA Bekar
Department of Neurosurgery, Uludag University School of Medicine, Gorukle, Bursa, Turkey
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 52:176-9. 2009..In addition, stereotactic laser guidance aids in performing minimally invasive procedures related to the radical resection of lesions located in eloquent and non-eloquent brain regions...
- A rare complication of trigeminal nerve stimulation during radiofrequency thermocoagulation: sudden ST segment elevationHulya Bilgin
Department of Anesthesiology, Uludag University Medical School, Bursa, Turkey
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 14:47-9. 2002..Although it is very rare, careful monitoring and readiness for the occurrence of such a potentially lethal situation with necessary medications may prevent a fatal outcome...
- Pre-emptive infiltration of levobupivacaine is superior to at-closure administration in lumbar laminectomy patientsAlp Gurbet
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Uludag University Faculty of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
Eur Spine J 17:1237-41. 2008..Our data suggest that preemptive infiltration of the wound site with levobupivacaine alone or combined with methylprednisolone provides effective pain control with reduced opiate dose after unilateral lumbar discectomy...