Affiliation: Suleyman Demirel University
- DemirdaÅŸ A, NazÄ±roÄŸlu M, Ã–vey I. Short-Term Ketamine Treatment Decreases Oxidative Stress Without Influencing TRPM2 and TRPV1 Channel Gating in the Hippocampus and Dorsal Root Ganglion of Rats. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2017;37:133-144 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, short-term KETAM treatment decreased oxidative stress levels but did not seem to influence TRPM2- and TRPV1-mediated Ca2+ entry. ..
- Yazğan Y, Naziroglu M. Ovariectomy-Induced Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress, Apoptosis, and Calcium Ion Influx Through TRPA1, TRPM2, and TRPV1 Are Prevented by 17?-Estradiol, Tamoxifen, and Raloxifene in the Hippocampus and Dorsal Root Ganglion of Rats. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:7620-7638 pubmed publisher
- DemirdaÅŸ A, NazÄ±roÄŸlu M, Ãœnal G. Agomelatine reduces brain, kidney and liver oxidative stress but increases plasma cytokine production in the rats with chronic mild stress-induced depression. Metab Brain Dis. 2016;31:1445-1453 pubmed..However, plasma cytokine productions were increased by the AGOM treatment. ..
- SÃ¶zbir E, NazÄ±roÄŸlu M. Diabetes enhances oxidative stress-induced TRPM2 channel activity and its control by N-acetylcysteine in rat dorsal root ganglion and brain. Metab Brain Dis. 2016;31:385-93 pubmed publisher..Since excessive oxidative stress and overload Ca(2+) entry are common features of neuropathic pain, our findings are relevant to the etiology and treatment of pain neuropathology in DRG neurons. ..
- NazÄ±roÄŸlu M, DemirdaÅŸ A. Psychiatric Disorders and TRP Channels: Focus on Psychotropic Drugs. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015;13:248-57 pubmed..Investigation of the TRP channels in psychiatric disorders holds the promise of the development of new drug treatments. ..
- Celik O, Kahya M, Naziroglu M. Oxidative stress of brain and liver is increased by Wi-Fi (2.45GHz) exposure of rats during pregnancy and the development of newborns. J Chem Neuroanat. 2016;75:134-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the brain seemed to be more sensitive to oxidative injury compared to the liver in the development of newborns. ..
- NazÄ±roÄŸlu M. TRPV1 Channel: A Potential Drug Target for Treating Epilepsy. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015;13:239-47 pubmed
- Ã–zdemir Ã, NazÄ±roÄŸlu M, Åženol N, Ghazizadeh V. Hypericum perforatum Attenuates Spinal Cord Injury-Induced Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis in the Dorsal Root Ganglion of Rats: Involvement of TRPM2 and TRPV1 Channels. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:3540-3551 pubmed publisher..HP via regulation of NADPH oxidase and PKC inhibits TRPM2 and TRPV1 channels. The molecular pathway may be a cause of SCI-induced pain and neuronal death, and the subject should be urgently investigated. ..
- Ertilav K, Uslusoy F, Ataizi S, Naziroglu M. Long term exposure to cell phone frequencies (900 and 1800 MHz) induces apoptosis, mitochondrial oxidative stress and TRPV1 channel activation in the hippocampus and dorsal root ganglion of rats. Metab Brain Dis. 2018;33:753-763 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that exposure to 900 and 1800 MHz EMR may induce a dose-associated, TRPV1-mediated stress response. ..
- YÃ¼ksel M, NazÄ±roÄŸlu M, Ã–zkaya M. Long-term exposure to electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones and Wi-Fi devices decreases plasma prolactin, progesterone, and estrogen levels but increases uterine oxidative stress in pregnant rats and their offspring. Endocrine. 2016;52:352-62 pubmed publisher..Glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px) is an important antioxidant enzyme for removing lipid hydroperoxides and hydrogen peroxide and it catalyzes the reduction of H2O2 to water. ..
- KoÅŸar P, NazÄ±roÄŸlu M, Ã–vey Ä, Ã‡iÄŸ B. Synergic Effects of Doxorubicin and Melatonin on Apoptosis and Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress in MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells: Involvement of TRPV1 Channels. J Membr Biol. 2016;249:129-40 pubmed publisher..As the apoptosis and caspase activity of cancer cells increase because of their elevated metabolism, MEL may be useful in supporting their apoptotic capacity. ..
- Balaban H, Naziroglu M, Demirci K, Ovey I. The Protective Role of Selenium on Scopolamine-Induced Memory Impairment, Oxidative Stress, and Apoptosis in Aged Rats: The Involvement of TRPM2 and TRPV1 Channels. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:2852-2868 pubmed publisher..Se reduced TRPM2 and TRPV1 channel activation through the modulation of aging oxidative reactions and Se-dependent glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px) antioxidant pathways. ..
- Kahya M, Naziroglu M, Ovey I. Modulation of Diabetes-Induced Oxidative Stress, Apoptosis, and Ca2+ Entry Through TRPM2 and TRPV1 Channels in Dorsal Root Ganglion and Hippocampus of Diabetic Rats by Melatonin and Selenium. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:2345-2360 pubmed publisher..Melatonin and selenium reduce TRPM2 and TRPV1 channel activation through the modulation of polyol oxidative reactions and selenium-dependent glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px) antioxidant pathways. ..
- Naziroglu M, Ozgül C. Vitamin E modulates oxidative stress and protein kinase C activator (PMA)-induced TRPM2 channel gate in dorsal root ganglion of rats. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2013;45:541-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we indicated that vitamin E modulated oxidative stress-induced TRPM2 channel activation in the DRG neurons. The results may be useful modulation of oxidative stress-induced peripheral pain in sensory neurons. ..
- AkpÄ±nar O, NazÄ±roÄŸlu M, AkpÄ±nar H. Different doses of dexmedetomidine reduce plasma cytokine production, brain oxidative injury, PARP and caspase expression levels but increase liver oxidative toxicity in cerebral ischemia-induced rats. Brain Res Bull. 2017;130:1-9 pubmed publisher..However, both doses of DEX induced oxidative toxicity and apoptotic effects in the rats' livers. ..
- Naziroglu M. Activation of TRPM2 and TRPV1 Channels in Dorsal Root Ganglion by NADPH Oxidase and Protein Kinase C Molecular Pathways: a Patch Clamp Study. J Mol Neurosci. 2017;61:425-435 pubmed publisher..Since excessive oxidative stress production and Ca2+ entry are implicated in the pathophysiology of neuropathic pain, the findings may be relevant to the etiology and treatment of neuropathology in DRG neurons. ..
- Yüksel E, Naziroglu M, Sahin M, Ciğ B. Involvement of TRPM2 and TRPV1 channels on hyperalgesia, apoptosis and oxidative stress in rat fibromyalgia model: Protective role of selenium. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17543 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Se treatment decreased the FM-induced increase in hyperalgesia, ROS, apoptosis, and Ca2+ entry through TRPM2 and TRPV1 in the SciN and DRGN. Our findings may be relevant to the elucidation and treatment of FM. ..
- Naziroglu M, Yurekli V. Effects of antiepileptic drugs on antioxidant and oxidant molecular pathways: focus on trace elements. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2013;33:589-99 pubmed publisher..New antiepileptic drugs are more prone to restore antioxidant redox systems in brain and neurons...
- Naziroglu M, Akay M, Celik O, Yıldırım M, Balcı E, Yurekli V. Capparis ovata modulates brain oxidative toxicity and epileptic seizures in pentylentetrazol-induced epileptic rats. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:780-8 pubmed publisher..ovata groups. In conclusion, C. ovata administration caused protection against the PTZ-induced brain oxidative toxicity by inhibiting free radical and epileptic seizures, and supporting antioxidant redox system...