Levent Sinan Bir
Affiliation: Pamukkale University
- Sudden sensorineural hearing loss in a patient with primary antiphospholipid syndromeLevent Sinan Bir
Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Denizli, Turkey
J Thromb Thrombolysis 21:277. 2006
- Impaired sympathetic skin response in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseLevent Sinan Bir
Department of Neurology, Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, Denzli, and Department of Neurology, Atatürk Education and Research Hospital Izmir, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 207:243-8. 2005..In conclusion, SSR is impaired in patients with COPD, which indicates the dysfunction of the sympathetic nervous system. Furthermore, the degree of impairment in SSR may reflect the severity of airway obstruction in patients with COPD...
- Effects of intrathecal anandamide on somatosensory evoked responses in ratsLevent Sinan Bir
Department of Neurology, Pamukkale Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Hastanesi Nöroloji AD B 105, 20070 Kinikli Denizli, Turkey
Exp Neurol 197:386-90. 2006..In conclusion, anandamide, when injected intrathecally in pharmacological doses caused an induction of moderate conduction delay in SEP systems...
- Acute transverse myelitis at the conus medullaris level after rabies vaccination in a patient with Behçet's diseaseLevent Sinan Bir
Department of Neurology, Pamukkale University Medical Faculty, Kinikli, Denizli, Turkey
J Spinal Cord Med 30:294-6. 2007..A 25-year-old man with Behçet's disease was admitted because of weakness of the lower limbs and difficulty in urination. He had received a rabies vaccination 2 months previous because he had been bitten by a dog...
- Horner's syndrome as a complication in thoracic surgical practiceSeyda Ors Kaya
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Pamukkale University, Medicine Faculty, Doktorlar Cad No 42, 20100, Denizli, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 24:1025-8. 2003..To determine the incidence, reasons and prognosis about Horner's syndrome in thoracic surgical patients...
- Neuroprotective effects of L-carnitine and vitamin E alone or in combination against ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsGokhan Onem
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Pamukkale University School of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
J Surg Res 131:124-30. 2006..In this study, the neuroprotective effects of L-carnitine, vitamin E, and the combination of these agents on ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury were determined in a rat model of transient global cerebral I/R...
- Benign-onset acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: a report on two casesEylem Degirmenci
Pamukkale University, Faculty of Medicine, Neurology Department, Denizli, Turkey
Ideggyogy Sz 66:196-9. 2013..Here, we report on two cases who presented with different symptoms, but the clinical findings that the patients showed were benign...
- Transient electromyographic findings in serotonergic toxicity due to combination of essitalopram and isoniazidCağdaş Erdoğan
Department of Neurology, Pamukkale University, School of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
J Neurosci Rural Pract 4:57-8. 2013..As to our best knowledge, this is the first case, reporting transient electromyographic changes probably due to serotonergic toxicity...
- Correlation between blink reflex abnormalities and magnetic resonance imaging findings in patients with multiple sclerosisEylem Degirmenci
Neurology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Pamukkale University, 90 20020, Denizli, Turkey
Acta Neurol Belg 113:265-9. 2013....
- ASCO classification in clinical practiceEylem Degirmenci
Pamukkale University, School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Denizli, Turkey
Ideggyogy Sz 66:58-62. 2013..Further studies, from different neurology centers and stroke units, are needed to expand our experiences about use of ASCO classification in clinical practice...
- Clinical and electronystagmographical evaluation of vestibular symptoms in relapsing remitting multiple sclerosisEylem Degirmenci
Neurology Department, Medical Faculty, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Neurol Res 32:986-91. 2010..In this study, we aimed to evaluate clinical and electronystagmographical (ENG) characteristics of relapsing remitting MS (RRMS) patients...
- Increased serum malondialdehyde levels in chronic stage of ischemic strokeLevent Sinan Bir
Department of Neurology, Pamukkale University Medical School, Denizli, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 208:33-9. 2006..Furthermore, serum MDA levels do not differ solely by the existence or nonexistence of hypertension, diabetes mellitus or hyperlipidemia...
- Aseptic meningitis, venous sinus thrombosis, intracranial hypertension and callosal involvement contemporaneously in a young patient with Behçet's diseaseLevent Sinan Bir
Swiss Med Wkly 135:684. 2005