Affiliation: Osmangazi University
- Phenotypic variation and antifungal susceptibility patterns of Candida albicans strains isolated from neutropenic patientsN Kiraz
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Osmangazi University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Mycoses 43:119-23. 2000..albicans infections of immunocompromised hosts. Long-term use of fluconazole may explain the outcome of the resistant stipple phenotype...
- Lymphadenitis caused by Scedosporium apiospermum in an immunocompetent patientN Kiraz
Department of Microbiology, Osmangazi University Faculty of Medicine, Eskisehir, Turkey
Clin Infect Dis 32:E59-61. 2001..Clinical response to itraconazole therapy was obtained in 6 months; to our knowledge, this is the first report of lymphadenitis caused by S. apiospermum in humans...
- Rapid detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from sputum specimens using the FASTPlaqueTB testN Kiraz
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:904-8. 2007..To determine the performance of the FASTPlaqueTB test, based on bacteriophage amplification technology, by comparison with the BACTEC 460 TB culture system, the Löwenstein-Jensen (LJ) medium culture method and Ziehl-Neelsen (ZN) staining...
- Synergistic activities of three triazoles with caspofungin against Candida glabrata isolates determined by time-kill, Etest, and disk diffusion methodsNuri Kiraz
Department of Microbiology, Medical Faculty, University of Eskisehir Osmangazi, Eskisehir, Turkey
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:2244-7. 2010..Further comparisons of the Etest and disk diffusion synergy techniques with the time-kill method are warranted...
- Evaluation of the GenoType Mycobacteria Direct assay for direct detection of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex obtained from sputum samplesNuri Kiraz
Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Microbiology, Eskisehir, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 59:930-4. 2010..In addition, the use of a GTMD test in smear-positive cases is helpful and practical in order to identify MTBC quickly. This allows more rapid treatment decisions and infection control precautions...
- Correlation between broth microdilution and disk diffusion methods for antifungal susceptibility testing of caspofungin, voriconazole, amphotericin B, itraconazole and fluconazole against Candida glabrataN Kiraz
Department of Microbiology, University of Eskisehir Osmangazi, Eskisehir, Turkey
J Microbiol Methods 82:136-40. 2010..Although the disk diffusion method is easy to use in clinical laboratories, it shows very poor agreement with the reference method for fluconazole and itraconazole against C. glabrata (8% and 14%, respectively)...